League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Blackfire Torch? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2780621)

Metallocarum 11-09-2012 12:04 PM

Blackfire Torch?

Please buff blackfire torch.
D:
Not asking for an item that becomes what Deathfire Grasp was to SR, not something everyone will always get. But in its current state, it just doesn't feel like it fulfills its intended role. Maybe something like this would work:
Max damage "6% of someone's current health over 3 seconds, half for DoTs/AoE"
Min damage "2.5% of someone's max health over 3 seconds, half for DoTs/AoE"

The purpose is to chip away tanky people right? Well right now the only people I've seen it work on is Singed and Swain. For pretty much anyone else you get better/equal damage by getting heavier AP items.
So it's pretty much a "who's on your team" instead of "who's on theirs."
Maybe it's perfectly fine and other people have seen it do just what it's supposed to do, I don't know. Just, from my experience, its damage is so negligible it hasn't fulfilled the role I figured it would. Not for its cost anyways.

urmamasllama 11-09-2012 12:05 PM

Its already buffed on pbe getting changed back to total

Metallocarum 11-09-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmamasllama (Hozzászólás 31224349)
Its already buffed on pbe getting changed back to total

<3

HaIfhearted 11-09-2012 01:14 PM

The buff changes it to be built out of Haunting Guise and Kages.

I think the full stats were something like:
70 AP, 350ish Health, 20 M.pen, 15% cdr, and the 5% max health DoT.

Snoop Nome 11-09-2012 02:15 PM

Worth noting that it's going to be based on a charge system, so while it'll still be good on Singed and Amumu, you'll run out of charges fairly quickly if you're engaged in long-term combat.

Tlaon 11-09-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31228684)
Worth noting that it's going to be based on a charge system, so while it'll still be good on Singed and Amumu, you'll run out of charges fairly quickly if you're engaged in long-term combat.

How does it decide which target to damage if you apply an effect to two people simultaneously and there's only one charge?

Arcolyte 11-09-2012 02:20 PM

I haven't heard any mention of a maximum number of charges. I presume there is...

Snoop Nome 11-09-2012 02:30 PM

It's 25 max charges.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlaon (Hozzászólás 31228791)
How does it decide which target to damage if you apply an effect to two people simultaneously and there's only one charge?

It doesn't. The logic isn't that in-depth; it will only check for charges on application. Each second burned will attempt to remove one charge, but if you run out of charges in the middle, the burn will not stop.

Tlaon 11-09-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31229217)
It's 25 max charges.

It doesn't. The logic isn't that in-depth; it will only check for charges on application. Each second burned will attempt to remove one charge, but if you run out of charges in the middle, the burn will not stop.

Are the charges displayed on the item, or is it hidden/internal like old Sheen charges?

Snoop Nome 11-09-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlaon (Hozzászólás 31231998)
Are the charges displayed on the item, or is it hidden/internal like old Sheen charges?

They're displayed on the buff bar.