League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Assistance please! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2776958)

Sephïroth 11-08-2012 08:07 AM

Assistance please!

Okay, so I have a problem. The only champions I like aside from Ahri usually lack a lot of CC. I need help finding a champion that FITS ME and I LIKE to play. Here's the champions I'm really good at. My friends love me as a player in our 1600 elo team, but they always have to pick heavy CC champs because I don't play many with CC.

Here's my champs I'm really good with:

Nidalee

Evelynn (Main)

Tristana

Fiora

LeBlanc

Sona

Ones with CC I like:

Lux

Rammus

Amumu

Ahri

Also, I'm looking for a champion who excels in 3s as well, and that's why aside from my Ahri/Evelynn I have troubles in 3s. I play a lot of other champions, I am just not great with them like the ones above.

Here's champions I own and do not "mesh" well with:

Tryndamere

Riven

Wukong

Shaco

Warwick

Zilean

Ashe

Teemo

Syndra

Diana

Soraka

Sion

Shen

Orianna

Nunu

Nautalis

Yi

Malphite

Kayle

Janna

Ezreal

Cho'Gath

I know its kind of a lengthy list, I've been playing for a year and a half. I'm just trying to find a champion that fits my style that has good CC mainly for 3s. Right now the only carry that works well in the new 3s(Since wall jumping and wards are gone) is Evelynn. While she typically rollfaces in 3s. The problem is hard CC and burst counter her, and we've run into that a few times.

Thanks!

Argothes 11-08-2012 10:18 AM

Learn all the top-tier Twisted Treeline champions that have a small learning curve.

Darius - No knowledge required; infinite wins
Cho'Gath - Slightly difficult mastering curve, easy to pick up; never dies
Shen - Easy champion, infinite sustain; you're at every team fight
Tryndamere - Situational pick, destroys other bruisers; never pick if there's a Rammus
Rammus - Pick him when the enemy team has auto attackers; best Tryndamere counter
Kayle - Amazing hybrid champion, counters a lot of people; will shutdown Darius
Teemo - Play him as straight AP in Twisted Treeline; shrooms give vision which is priceless now.

5371EI 11-08-2012 11:36 AM

Morgana or Zyra are useful Mages I enjoy to play.

anikay 11-08-2012 06:05 PM

You seem to like champs that have good escape/engage abilities. For this reason I would recommend one of my favorites. Twisted Fate: Teleport to enemy nexus from just in front of your base; aoe slow and single target stun; no mana problems; nice range with Q; great hybrid hard to stop when played well; ultimate also grants vision.

Sephïroth 11-09-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anikay (Hozzszls 31203479)
You seem to like champs that have good escape/engage abilities. For this reason I would recommend one of my favorites. Twisted Fate: Teleport to enemy nexus from just in front of your base; aoe slow and single target stun; no mana problems; nice range with Q; great hybrid hard to stop when played well; ultimate also grants vision.

You couldn't have read me more. I will try out TF, I played him a few times while he was free, but that was long ago. His 3s presence seems to be a good idea, with his ult revealing the entire team. Thanks.

The element of surprise is why my ranked friends love me. I will always catch someone off guard.

Aikimiller 11-09-2012 06:49 AM

I like twisted fate- but I for the life of my cannot see how he's a competetive choice in 3s. I want him to be so badly, but I cannot figure it out. I typically build him full AP, and don't have problems with his basic mechanical skills, but it doesn't help the fact that every bruiser out there can survive his burst damage, and then jump on him and kill him instantly because he has some of the lowest base defenses in the game. You can kite, as long as the opponent doesn't have a gap closer, but if they do you're basicly a free kill. His ult is significantly less useful on a smaller map than it is in SR as well.

If you find a way he can work, let me know. I tried running a standard AP build/runes/masteries, and have yet to be successful with it.

As far as champs I'll reccomend: Amumu is amazingly good in 3s, he can carry ridiculously hard.

Sephïroth 11-09-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikimiller (Hozzszls 31216650)
I like twisted fate- but I for the life of my cannot see how he's a competetive choice in 3s. I want him to be so badly, but I cannot figure it out. I typically build him full AP, and don't have problems with his basic mechanical skills, but it doesn't help the fact that every bruiser out there can survive his burst damage, and then jump on him and kill him instantly because he has some of the lowest base defenses in the game. You can kite, as long as the opponent doesn't have a gap closer, but if they do you're basicly a free kill. His ult is significantly less useful on a smaller map than it is in SR as well.

If you find a way he can work, let me know. I tried running a standard AP build/runes/masteries, and have yet to be successful with it.

As far as champs I'll reccomend: Amumu is amazingly good in 3s, he can carry ridiculously hard.

I've tried Amumu... he has 2 problems in 3s.

1.) He has no mana for jungle sustain or lane harrasment for 3s, which leaves him open to getting behind. Also he cannot jungle easily in 3s.

2.) His early game is so weak compared to other champions that he can easily be picked on early.

netkitten 11-09-2012 08:38 AM

>champion that FITS ME and I LIKE to play

i laughed at that using of caps