League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Remove Elo loss from surrender (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2776702)

BigTallUgly 11-08-2012 05:10 AM

Remove Elo loss from surrender

So the original thread has been inexplicably closed, no idea why, probably a forum glitch or something. So I'll be reposting and maintaining it here.

Original Post:

"Why should I lose elo simply because the rest of my team decides to quit and surrender? There should be some sort of check, that if the 4 team mates surrender, but I click no, I should not lose elo. That, or just remove the ability to surrender from ranked play."

This underlines the core argument that we'd like for Riot to respond to - why is a fair effort on our part undermined by four kids who have no idea what they're doing and wanted an easy win.

----- original -- -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2352033

Xurreal 11-08-2012 07:11 AM

Easy to abuse. Think about it:

On a 5v5 team in a world championship match, you don't get a winning reputation, or a partial win, or partial recognition, simply because you were the only one who didn't want to concede defeat.

Any and all rewards go strictly to the winner, unless there were already some consolation prize on standby for the lucky losers. To this extent, no one would ever surrender, and the surrender button would be useless so long as "Loss by surrender" will have been nerfed.

Plus, it'd be abused like heck by every troll to grace the Ranked Draft queue.

BigTallUgly 11-08-2012 12:27 PM

I'm not sure what exactly you were talking about.

The suggestion here is to remove elo loss when your teammates surrender for you.

Baxter the Teddy 11-08-2012 02:44 PM

Team game. If your team surrenders, you surrender whether you want to or not.

Baxter the Teddy 11-08-2012 02:44 PM

ANd on top of that, now if you get a troll in your game and your team wants to surrender they don't even lose ELO for trolling.

BigTallUgly 11-08-2012 04:22 PM

Point is Riot should not allow four people to decide for one person what happens to their Elo. It's solo queue, not a team game. You're playing to win for yourself. In ranked teams, maybe its a bit different. But in solo queue, its simply unacceptable that four ******* have power over your gameplay experience, and at the very least, Riot could have the decency to stop punishing you for it as well.

FoliagedPegasus 11-08-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTallUgly (Hozzászólás 31200190)
Point is Riot should not allow four people to decide for one person what happens to their Elo. It's solo queue, not a team game. You're playing to win for yourself. In ranked teams, maybe its a bit different. But in solo queue, its simply unacceptable that four ******* have power over your gameplay experience, and at the very least, Riot could have the decency to stop punishing you for it as well.

You sound like one of those players who think they can win even if the enemy team is up by like 20k gold. If 4 people on your team think its over then it must be over.

Amatzikahni 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

If you remove Elo loss for surrendering, then the winning team should not gain any Elo if their opponents surrender.

And no, your logic doesn't make sense, either.

BigTallUgly 11-10-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoliagedPegasus (Hozzászólás 31200363)
You sound like one of those players who think they can win even if the enemy team is up by like 20k gold. If 4 people on your team think its over then it must be over.

Not win, learn from my mistakes and make a few plays. The game's already started, you learn next to nothing by throwing up your hands and bending over the minute things dont go exactly the way you wanted them to.

BigTallUgly 11-10-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatzikahni (Hozzászólás 31204602)
If you remove Elo loss for surrendering, then the winning team should not gain any Elo if their opponents surrender.

And no, your logic doesn't make sense, either.

I love this. A baseless statement of opinion, without a single shread of logic presented to support it, followed by an even more idiotic statement of opinion, also with no evidence.

Do you...do you want anyone to take you seriously kid?