League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Looking for someone to teach me all about Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2775978)

FairyCharmed 11-07-2012 08:30 PM

Looking for someone to teach me all about Dominion

Hello there. I am a Lv. 30 with not much PVP experience (go ahead, check my profile in-game; I have an embarrassing 12 normal wins; check my match history, and they are full of AI games, custom bot games, and lost PVP games), and I recently became interested in Dominion. I would like for someone to teach me Dominion from the basics, and take me through a couple games (even a Co-Op v. AI match or two's fine, tbh) and such. I can play the following champions at least decently, and if possible, I'd like someone who is skilled at at least two of the champions below (in Dominion) to help me, if possible.
-Teemo
-LeBlanc
-Blitzcrank
-Ashe
-Miss Fortune
-Nunu
-Kayle
-Lux
-Lulu (usually Support/decent mid option)
-Soraka
-Sona
-Alistar

However, if you deem my account "unredeemable", I do have a smurf account (NightEmerald) that is right now Lv. 8, with no PVP wins, that I could use to learn more about Dominion, if you want (though I only have Annie and Teemo as non-f2p options on that one). My timezone is EST, and I'm usually on in the mornings and late at night on weekdays, while I'm on practically all day Saturdays (unless parents force my brother and me to go to the local library), starting at about 10AM EST.

TL; DR: I'm a lv. 30 completely new to Dominion (never played it before), and I suck at normal PVP. I am looking for someone who won't mind losing a lot of games to help me learn Dominion and someone who can help me learn how to play Dominion with champions that I already can play at least decently in normal.

Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: Spelling typos have been edited ^^;
EDIT #2: I just got Blitzcrank c:

David12596 11-07-2012 08:40 PM

This thread has quite a lot of important information. From guides, to streams, etc.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=guides

I would suggestion if you want to get a personal tutor, ask around in the DD chat (dominatedominion). I am sure there are plenty of people who are willing to teach you a few things about Dom. :)

HaIfhearted 11-07-2012 08:50 PM

Like David said, the in-game DominateDominion chatroom is a great place to go to get information and whatnot about Dominion.

Lotta cool guys hang out in there, too, so if you just wanna chat with other people about Dominion (or whatever random topic is being discussed), than come check us out!

You also get people linking their streams, including the weekly Dominion tourney stream on Saturday, so that's another plus.

FairyCharmed 11-07-2012 08:50 PM

Ooh, thank you so much for those guides c: I will take a good look at them when I have more time (a.k.a. tomorrow, since it's nearly 1AM where I am) ^^ The only thing is, I don't ever go on the chats, so... :/ I guess I'll have to go out of my comfort zone sometime or later... thanks again :)

Zenthien 11-07-2012 09:16 PM

Yea, those resources should help you immensely. People may be blunt/slightly ridicule some of your build suggestions but there is a lot of good advice passed out in that chat room; I'd definitely suggest stopping by it. Just be open to accepting advice and criticism. The streams are also a very good way to get slightly adjusted to the speed of Dominion's action though playing it is the only way to truly grasp it so don't be afraid to queue up. Hope to see you in game/channel. :D

TLDR: Don't be afraid to join the channel and ask questions on the streams.

HaIfhearted 11-07-2012 09:55 PM

Awww, we don't bite as much as Zenthien would have you think : )

As long as you explain you are a new player and keep it polite, anyone being rude to you will take more flak than you do.

DiscworldDeath 11-07-2012 10:15 PM

I do suggest you dive in and play.

The best teacher IS experience - not just playing, but sitting down and thinking about what you've done. If you watch a stream or spectate someone's game, try to focus on someone, and only watch things from their position - much harder to understand thought processes when you keep getting yanked to the action elsewhere by directed camera.

If you can, spectate someone/watch a stream with someone, and more importantly than just watch, listen to explanations on why people do/should do what they do. WHY is much more important than what.

That's also why experience is so important. Being told who is backdooring when and where won't help you understand and internalize that knowledge yourself, only dozens if not hundreds of games can do that.

Westlin 11-07-2012 10:35 PM

If you want I can spectate your games and give you **** the whole time? Or you can add me in-game and play some matches with me.

Laker 11-07-2012 10:49 PM

Add me!

FairyCharmed 11-08-2012 06:57 AM

@Zenthien: Ah, thank you c: I will be on shortly, so I hope to meet you (or another friendly member) there ^^

@DiscworldDeath: Hmm, true that; the thing is, the one thing that made me not want to try Dominion is because my old internet connection used to make even SR games lag pretty badly. I did one /custom/ Dominion game with my brother once, and it lagged really bad for the both of us, so we didn't really do any afterwards ><' However, now that I got a better internet connection (and my laptop got fixed, at least), I don't think it should lag as badly as it used to be, at the very least.

@Westlin: Erm, I'd rather not be grilled by someone right now, tbh :/ I mean, constructive criticism is completely fine with me: something like "why the hell did you buy a deathcap on teemo when you're better off on-hit?" is fine -I made that up completely, so don't pay attention- but anything with too much cussing and swearing and grilling me isn't what I'm looking for. I would also love to hear the reason why I shouldn't go a certain path in building a character in such a way, and which lane a certain champ should probably be better off in, etc. But I can add you and you could give me a few pointers? :)

@Laker: Thanks :) Adding you now. I hope to meet you soon in the game and learning about builds and such.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Though I might take a while in responding (not chats), since I will be reading up on those guides that David has kindly posted for me last night ^^;