League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   thornmail, and why is really sucks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2769834)

drlordsir13 11-06-2012 09:10 AM

thornmail, and why is really sucks
 
Not sure if this has been brought up at all, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Thornmail is the bane of all ad champs, late game it is nearly impossible to counter an opponent with thorn mail without a gank. In five vs five, you can have a support and an ap caster help you and neutralize whoever has it. But, in three vs three, when you are expected to have to solo someone, at least for long enough for your teammates to get there, it is nearly impossible to do anything. I am mainly concerned with master yi and darius, but it really affects all ad champs. for an example, as master yi playing against garen, he built very tanky and eventually got thornmail. He wasn't fed or anything, but even without his abilities, just with basic attack he was able to kill me, due to the fact that thormail took more than three quarters of my health, as I was the main damage dealer for my team, eventually garen was able to solo my whole team and win the game, I think thornmail should be either weakened for three v three, or banned altogether, as any champ who gets it is instantly invincible to any ad champ, and as it's unlikely that two ap champs will be playing in 3v3, it will make it nearly impossible for a win against them

Luego 11-06-2012 09:11 AM

It's already being confirmed as being removed in 3s.

GMAING 11-06-2012 09:27 AM

THIS^ and just get a bloodthirster

Phallicies 11-06-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAING (Hozzászólás 31109878)
THIS^ and just get a bloodthirster

all you need is a sanguine blade, zeke's herald a last whisper and you could have killed him without battling an eyelash

chaser676 11-06-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phallicies (Hozzászólás 31110092)
all you need is a sanguine blade, zeke's herald a last whisper and you could have killed him without battling an eyelash

Yeah, all you need is 7k worth of items.

Besteality 11-06-2012 09:42 AM

All you have to do is build some MR as Thornmail returns MAGIC damage. Heaven forbid an AD have to build anything defensive......

Phallicies 11-06-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besteality (Hozzászólás 31110416)
All you have to do is build some MR as Thornmail returns MAGIC damage. Heaven forbid an AD have to build anything defensive......

or get a maw, or both, either work

Hoizengerd 11-06-2012 10:32 AM

i don't understand why people are whining about this item, Last Whisper and Vamp Scepter are built on all ADC...imo it shouldn't be removed

George W Nome 11-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoizengerd (Hozzászólás 31111953)
i don't understand why people are whining about this item, Last Whisper and Vamp Scepter are built on all ADC...imo it shouldn't be removed

It's being removed for a few reasons.
1. It scales with your opponent's strength, not your own.
2. The gold necessary to counter it (on 3's anyway) far outweighs the investment to buy it.
3. It doesn't introduce any gameplay.

Orbital Nuke 11-06-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31112592)
It's being removed for a few reasons.
1. It scales with your opponent's strength, not your own.
2. The gold necessary to counter it (on 3's anyway) far outweighs the investment to buy it.
3. It doesn't introduce any gameplay.

Yeah but but but...

That should be fine since every character isn't the same. Shouldn't AD have to build some defense? I mean if they have a tookit that allows them to pounce while yours doesn't, you are dead before you can really return fire.

I would love to see an item that reduced all damage you took for 3-6 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion before it wore off and then back up again after 20-30 seconds, kidn of like Malphs shield but a reduction duration instead of an absorb shield. (no reductions from anything but champions)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 AM.
12345 ... 7


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc