League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kha'zix Unexpectedly Successful Build (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2769511)

Zyren 11-06-2012 06:00 AM

Kha'zix Unexpectedly Successful Build

Alright, so I find Kha'zix to be an absolute blast to play. The build I've come up with has been successful 4 out of 4 times (I realize this isn't definitive proof of anything, but I've done well enough that I feel it's reasonable to share). While in each of these I jungled, I see no reason why it wouldn't work in top lane equally well (if not better).

Masteries
9/21/0 running Smite + Exhaust in the jungle. Some combo of Flash/Ghost/Ignite/Exhaust in top lane (teleport is probably okay too).

Runes
Marks: Flat AD
Seals: Flat Armor
Glyphs: MR per Level
Quints: Movement Speed

Items
The only difference between jungle vs top lane would likely be boots. As jungler I tend to go for Boots of Mobility. In top lane Ninja Tabi or Merc's will probably serve better.

Boots + 3 or 4 Health Potions to start
Buy Wards and Health Potions as needed
Tear of the Goddess
Manamune
Glacial Shroud and/or Catalyst of the Protector
Upgrade Boots to BoM/NT/Merc's
Frozen Heart
Sheen
Banshee's Veil (if you needed the MR and bought the Catalyst for it)
Trinity Force
Last Whisper

Final Build: Appropriate Boots, Manamune, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Trinity Force, Last Whisper.

Jungle Skill Order
1 - W 2 - Q 3 - W 4 - E
R > W > Q > E for priority after

Top Lane Skill Order
1 - E 2 - W 3 - Q
R > W or Q (depends on whether you want more sustain or better damage) > E

Evolutions
Typically I find myself evolving either W or E first. E for the insane jump increase and reset, or W for the AoE and ranged slow.

Generally, I evolve E at 6, W at 11, and Q at 16.

In Top lane, I'd evolve W or Q first, depending on which I was favoring in lane. Then evolve E at 11 and the other at 16.

Jungle Path
Pretty standard: Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red -> Wraiths -> Little Golems
Gank at any point during the path if you think it's a good idea. Remember to spam W as long as you have any health deficit in the jungle (but be sure to be close enough for the heal).

Ideally, you would jungle Kha'zix when your mid is a champion who doesn't use mana, so you can take blue buffs for yourself. Early on, Kha'zix is pretty mana hungry in the jungle due to the high cost on his W.

Alright, try it out if you're interested and let me know how it goes! (Remember, you can cast your other abilities while in the air from his E, which can catch people off-guard.)

*edit* link to build on leaguecraft: http://leaguecraft.com/lnk/1As

Mogs01gt 11-06-2012 07:17 AM

Manamune is bad on champs who do not scale with mana...

Skury420 11-06-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogs01gt (Hozzászólás 31107724)

Yorick?

darkbolo 11-06-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skury420 (Hozzászólás 31109111)
Yorick?

lol nice.

"Manamune is bad on champs who do not scale with mana... "

Just because a champ does not scale with mana doesn't mean it is a bad I find that when i gank with kha I am at more than viable health to keep jungleing but can't because he is very mana hungry champ, and have to go back to just refill mana.

Zyren 11-07-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbolo (Hozzászólás 31112672)
lol nice.

"Manamune is bad on champs who do not scale with mana... "

Just because a champ does not scale with mana doesn't mean it is a bad I find that when i gank with kha I am at more than viable health to keep jungleing but can't because he is very mana hungry champ, and have to go back to just refill mana.

Which is one of the reasons I found this build to appeal to me. You don't need Lifesteal from other items because you have a decent heal on your W to maintain you (and you aren't constantly auto-attacking enough to make Life Steal work as well as it could).

Mogs01gt 11-07-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skury420 (Hozzászólás 31109111)
Yorick?

Technically yes. Just because an item allows you to spam abilities, doesnt mean that champ scales well with it.

Zyren 11-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogs01gt (Hozzászólás 31107724)

By that logic, are you saying it's only acceptable on:

Ryze, Singed, and Blitzcrank?

Scaling with mana is not a prerequisite for manamune being justified.

Yorick is a good counter-example. I think Kha'zix might turn out to be another.

ZeroQuest96 11-09-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyren (Hozzászólás 31205764)
By that logic, are you saying it's only acceptable on:

Ryze, Singed, and Blitzcrank?

Scaling with mana is not a prerequisite for manamune being justified.

Yorick is a good counter-example. I think Kha'zix might turn out to be another.

And technically it's not even that great on Singed considering the only skills that proc it are his w,e, and ult. Athene's and Frozen Heart are much better choices for him XD

A manamune on Kha'zix sounds legit though. I think I'll have to try that out lol.

EndlessReign 11-09-2012 06:37 AM

Your build is really cool I never would have thought to build manamune on junlge khazix but it makes total sense. Do you think a gp10 might be able to fit into your build? Maybe go youmuu's instead of last whisper? Also I think your build would go great on a jungle ganplank.

Zyren 11-09-2012 09:20 AM

When it comes to gp10 items, I would say you probably wouldn't generally want to go Avarice Blade -> Ghost Blade. It would be too situationally beneficial.

I could see building Philo Stone somewhat early (maybe after Tear?) if you needed to give blue to your mid (say a rather mana-hungry one, like Anivia). Additionally, if they're lacking magic damage and are almost pure physical, I could see buying a Heart of Gold early to turn into a Randuin's late-game.