League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   That Sinking Feeling... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2765214)

SoSalty 11-04-2012 11:58 PM

That Sinking Feeling...

Do you ever experience it? I mean, it happens in Summoner's Rift too, but it's more noticeable in Dominion.

Let's say your team wins the fight at windmill. Overall, you guys are doing well and the score is like 412-230. Then it happens, the enemy team's late game is better than your team and the score drops to 113-201. And then you're praying that early game advantage your team obtained is enough to push you through to a victory. Ultimately, it feels like a 50-50 chance when it comes to either team winning.

The games where you go 438-0 are the games you want all the time, but it just sucks when you lose late game with a score of like 0-73. It's why I never fret when I'm losing early game. I just pray I do well and play smart. Then you get a comeback. Even if we lose during the entire game, then I feel fine. It's just only when our team wins early game. That's when I get the sinking feeling...

ricedream5 11-05-2012 01:26 AM

I get the sinking feeling when you're winning by some ridiculous amount, and then the team starts going in 1s and 2s and die over and over...while the enemy team is just snowballing more with shorter respawn timers even though you're winning in nexus health.

Veni13 11-05-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricedream5 (Hozzászólás 31063773)
I get the sinking feeling when you're winning by some ridiculous amount, and then the team starts going in 1s and 2s and die over and over...while the enemy team is just snowballing more with shorter respawn timers even though you're winning in nexus health.

Yes...I hate it when that happens. Ugh.

TCWA Tigerbite 11-05-2012 05:18 AM

Nope. Sure don't. I kind of just sit back and think, what are these ******* doing? Should I go help those 2 and die in a 3v4 or should I stay here and try to fend them off from the tower? Hmmm. Maybe I'll just base and chillax and watch some TV. Or I might go jungling. Hmm no monsters in the jungle to kill, so sad.

Luninareph 11-05-2012 07:13 AM

I don't prefer games where I go 438-0...if that was all I wanted, I'd play bots (which I already do enough just to get my bonus on days I'm too busy for human games). My absolute favorite game was one where we won 1-0. The closer the game, the more accomplished I feel.

In SR, I often get that sinking feeling because of how hard it is to recover when the other team is ahead. On Dom, I only get that sinking feeling when I can tell my ELO has matched me up badly and I'm getting slaughtered the moment I set foot off the platform.

FOODFOOD 11-05-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricedream5 (Hozzászólás 31063773)

This times 1000.

Malah 11-05-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luninareph (Hozzászólás 31068283)
I don't prefer games where I go 438-0...if that was all I wanted, I'd play bots (which I already do enough just to get my bonus on days I'm too busy for human games). My absolute favorite game was one where we won 1-0. The closer the game, the more accomplished I feel.

In SR, I often get that sinking feeling because of how hard it is to recover when the other team is ahead. On Dom, I only get that sinking feeling when I can tell my ELO has matched me up badly and I'm getting slaughtered the moment I set foot off the platform.

Please be in my Elo. I didn't know good taste still existed x.x

Redenbacher 11-05-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoSalty (Hozzászólás 31062517)
The games where you go 438-0 are the games you want all the time, but it just sucks when you lose late game with a score of like 0-73.

I feel more dissatisfied with the former scenario than the latter. 438-0 bears no feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction with overcoming an obstacle to victory.

0-73 late game means it was a hard fight holding a lead, and the enemy deserved their victory. I might not walk away with a victory but at least I 1) learned something and 2) put in my best effort.

As the other posters stated, winning a game for awhile only to then watch your teammates get cocky and (1v1v1v1v1)v5 the enemy team is incredibly frustrating. Especially when you're trying to communicate with the team and encourage working together. I'm often left asking myself, "WHY ISN'T MY TEAM PLAYING THAT WAY?!"