League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @Yegg a simple fix for Dominion ELO (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2757952)

KaWraith 11-03-2012 07:54 AM

@Yegg a simple fix for Dominion ELO

Since Yegg has determined that ranked dominion isn't yet in the cards (sad but understandable)
I think we should be allowed to see our hidden ELO again.

It doesn't have to be officially posted in the client, but simply allowing lolmatches to mine the information again would allow the competitive dominion players to at least be able to track their ELO.
I cant see this as being difficult, complicated or hard; since there is an ELO system, and they could simply allow that number to be read again. (Yegg implied it was very complex to show hidden ELO, but if they let 3rd party apps do it again, its not hard on them)

Is it really going to upset the player-base to know this? especially if they just limit it to dominion as a temporary stop gap before we have ranked, I don't see how it actually spoils anyone's experience, low level players won't know or care, and people just playing or fun wont feel pressured, but the small group of high level players can enjoy their small little status symbol.
I think that is a fair compromise.

Catnium 11-03-2012 07:56 AM

they wont allow us to see hidden elo because it could mean that 3rd party's could set up their own dominion ranked ladders, possibly grow get sponsorship etc etc and pretty much leech off riots product

i'm pretty sure its about this because when Dominate Dominion and LoL matches started to talk about their own ladders and such it didn't take long for riot to hide the elo information.
this consequently means riot cares enough about dominion not to let it slip into the hands of 3rd party's so even tho we won't get a ranked in s3 they are probably planning for this to happen at some point ..we all just wish it could be sooner >.<

also lets not forget it took about 1 year for SR to get ranked .. dominion is only been here for about one season and is still actually in a beta form

WaterD103 11-03-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

also lets not forget it took about 3 years for SR to get ranked
Bull****

Catnium 11-03-2012 10:08 AM

just checked and you're right my numbers were off its slightly over 1 year post been edited ,
thanks

Koravel 11-03-2012 02:29 PM

Problem is that allowing it to mine for information about dominion also means allowing it to mine for information about normal SR. Or at least, I think that was his logic.

FDru 11-03-2012 03:08 PM

Riot has spent years carefully trying to eliminate all of the loopholes players have found to see their hidden elo. Why the hell would they change their minds now that they've finally succeeded?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catnium (Hozzászólás 30999013)
also lets not forget it took about 1 year for SR to get ranked .. dominion is only been here for about one season and is still actually in a beta form

Let's not forget the new, totally reworked TT took about zero days to get ranked, and it is a literal beta. They're even reworking the map again on the PBE, as well as several of the items.

Catnium 11-04-2012 05:05 AM

exactly why they are probably being extra careful with Dom.
TT had some "issues" with balance while ranked was in place. and riot got kinda trolled badly with whiner posts crying about how imbalanced the map was and how bruisers reigned supreme and how adc's could not snowball because they ran into a wall of bruisers etc etc sounds familiar doesn't it ? the community it self might be the cause of the iron curtain around ranked dominion.

for me it just means i probably wont be playing lol by the time ranked dom does come . which is sad because i'd really like to but .. got to wait like another year or something ? i'm not growing any younger here riot plus i get bored easily

A Slime Appears 11-04-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catnium (Hozzászólás 31032650)
exactly why they are probably being extra careful with Dom.
TT had some "issues" with balance while ranked was in place. and riot got kinda trolled badly with whiner posts crying about how imbalanced the map was and how bruisers reigned supreme and how adc's could not snowball because they ran into a wall of bruisers etc etc sounds familiar doesn't it ? the community it self might be the cause of the iron curtain around ranked dominion.

for me it just means i probably wont be playing lol by the time ranked dom does come . which is sad because i'd really like to but .. got to wait like another year or something ? i'm not growing any younger here riot plus i get bored easily

I really don't think it has to do with balance. I simply think it's a lot of work for a game mode that has the least amount of players compared to TT and SR. Sure, you could argue that has to do with the lack of ranked, but corporate suits aren't known for that kind of thinking. It would cost a lot of money now to pay the people to get it going for an intangible benefit they can't prove will exist in the future. For a suit, the decision is easy.

0shi 11-04-2012 08:02 AM

Ranked dominion: Not here because it would split queues, not because they don't trust it to be balanced. Questions as to why they can't just remove draft queue and add ranked in place should be directed to Riot. Possibly just because so few people play draft already, possibly they're afraid of alienating the five people who play normal draft and wouldn't play ranked draft.

ELO mining: Disabled intentionally so that people can feel free to play in non-ranked queues without being judged by their past play. See also: Starcraft / WoW forums "Wow you're bronze / Wow're you've never been 1800"

FDru 11-04-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Slime Appears (Hozzászólás 31033654)
I really don't think it has to do with balance. I simply think it's a lot of work for a game mode that has the least amount of players compared to TT and SR. Sure, you could argue that has to do with the lack of ranked, but corporate suits aren't known for that kind of thinking. It would cost a lot of money now to pay the people to get it going for an intangible benefit they can't prove will exist in the future. For a suit, the decision is easy.

TT barely has any more active players than Dominion. And when Dominion was more "new" it had significantly more players. Participation is obviously not the issue.

I personally don't think TT or Dominion are worthy of ranked, and the fact that TT has it anyway irks me.