League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Countering Kat (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2757355)

AeroCraker 11-03-2012 12:42 AM

Countering Kat

I know that she's easy to beat early game, but once team fights start she wrecks my team even though she doesn't even have the items she needs yet.

I usually run Ori to counter her, but it seems little over the top to see a team build that much cc just to counter one champion.

xBoo 11-03-2012 02:40 AM

Tell at least one person to save their cc then?

Lord Ryushishin 11-03-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroCraker (Hozzászólás 30993518)
I know that she's easy to beat early game, but once team fights start she wrecks my team even though she doesn't even have the items she needs yet.

I usually run Ori to counter her, but it seems little over the top to see a team build that much cc just to counter one champion.

You make it sounds like as a CC heavy team sound is a bad thing. Like dealing with a Team that has like 4 Stuns is annoying as hell even with Tenacity.

TsurugiHikari 11-03-2012 05:46 AM

Honestly speaking as a vivid Katrina Player whenever I have her as mid AP champion. Very few people will remember to hold their cc just when Katrina Ultimate which is why the thread maker is asking about team fight champion choices.

Champions that counter Katrina is not necessary the best but the better way to look at it is to ask someone in your team to dedicate like xBoo said to keep a CC or two for Katrina Ultimate.

The best ones tend to be support based champions like:

- Leona (She can possibly just simply save ult for Katrina Ultimate)
- Janna (She has enough cc to make sure one of them will stop)
- Alistar (He has enough CC to stop any cc and his ultimate allows him to get there in time, make sure your team mate packs flash for emergency slam down or tell him to headbutt her away to live or to your team to kill.)

1Y 2M 20D 11-16-2012 01:22 PM

1: Amumu
2: Alistar
3: Diana
4: Vayne
5: Malphite
6: Surrender.

Luxiere 11-16-2012 01:32 PM

I don't think Orianna counters Katarina- I've never lost to an Orianna yet.

Some champions I have a terrible time laning are the following:

Diana
Malzahar
Kassadin (post-6)

Honestly I think her biggest counters are tanky people- not disruptions. She has to get her passive going but not when everyone is tanky.

TeknoWizard 11-16-2012 01:53 PM

I've seen some LeBlancs do fairly well against her. Kat's burst doesn't come out quickly enough to stop a LeBlanc from dropping the combo on you. That, and Kat is blinking on top of LeBlanc, making a Q-R-W-E a breeze to land. AND, LeBlanc is packing a silence, so Kat can't even get a good ult off.

Crazy Crann 11-16-2012 02:19 PM

Kassadin. If she ults, silence. If she's just a bit too far to silence, ult to her and silence.

HermitDeCrab 11-16-2012 07:05 PM

I've never struggled against a katarina as an AP sion, you can zone her from her creeps really easily with your shield and your stun, and the stun comes in really handy for when she ults late game.

Epictues 11-17-2012 12:17 PM

amumu is not a good counter to katrina. he might be a good champion but he does not counter her

amumu initiates fights with his cc. he doesnt sit back and wait for kat to flash to someone.
the same can be said for Janna. she usually will use her stun as an initiate.

Alistar or Leona are decent choices imo