League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion used to be cool. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2755386)

cocacolalips 11-02-2012 03:40 PM

Dominion used to be cool.

I would pick whoever, build whatever, run wherever, people didn't care much, they didn't try, just creeping around, smashing faces and having fun.

Dominion is pretty fun when you compare it with Summoner's Rift.
You remove all the Chore.
No **** farm. No dull CS thing for 20 min straight.
No much worry about mana, simply spam your spells.
No poverty, whatever you play, however you do, you'll still have some gold, and it feels good.
Less trashtalk and the like, you don't have much time to type, you actually have to play the game yo.

But now, I only face the same 15-20 derp champions that roll all over the game every match.

What's the point?

Orphane 11-02-2012 03:44 PM

The point is that you get better at the game.

cocacolalips 11-02-2012 03:56 PM

Every game is a copy of a copy of a copy.

Talk about Chore, my gawd.

Absolutely 0 interest.

IIxeenoxII 11-02-2012 04:10 PM

Play uncommon champs. it feels a million times better to win with a challenging champ than to use a derpy one. Or play draft.....We are gonna get some help in the form of items (at least) so last option would be to stay patient.

HaIfhearted 11-02-2012 04:33 PM

You know, back in the day I used to have so much fun with Summoners Rift.
I would pick whoever, build whatever, run wherever, people didn't care much, they didn't try, just creeping around, smashing faces and having fun.

You wanna know what happened? People figured out how to win.

They figured out builds, strategies, champions, compositions, and in general just figured out an effective meta as they improved at the game and introduced other people to it in the process.

The competitive drive to win spurred improvement and increasingly innovative strategies, but at the same time it meant that for the most part the old "screw around and have fun because we don't know wtf we're doing" mentality just wouldn't cut it anymore.

Dominion is the same way.
People want to win, they want to improve, and that drive has spurred them to try and find more effective methods for them to crush their opposition.

You sir have discovered the natural evolution of a competitive game mode.

-----

It's ok though.
If we ever do get a ranked queue, all the try-hards will move over there, and then the people who just want to play this game for fun and not have to worry about optimal champions and whatnot will remain in blind pick, and everyone will be happy.

Help us lobby for a ranked Dominion queue. It will benefit you too, even if you aren't a competitive player.

SlasherBag 11-02-2012 05:52 PM

There is nothing stopping you from playing the game as you see fit. Try new builds on different champs and HAVE FUN. You should always aim to win, but before that step you should only play to have fun. Screw all the talk about how a champ you want to play isn't viable because he isn't high enough on a tier list. Play what you want and be creative with the goal of winning in mind and you'll do great. Just make sure you never play a game if it isn't fun.

Malah 11-02-2012 07:21 PM

Play to have fun and screw what other people have to say about it.

Now, playing like a derpass is usually rather unfun for you because you get slaughtered and your team is going to be rather upset at you. If you want to play like a derpass and still be viable, play high tier with whackass builds or POOTERSS Zilean. There is a large difference between being bad and being odd.

Tank Lulu is correct. AP Lulu is odd. AS Lulu is derp and is only acceptable because Lulu is overpowered. Ulting people at full HP for lulz and dancing in the middle while building six tears is derpass and will get you reported. For example, when I get a team full of derp (4 glass), instead of trying to play crutch tank and play to the meta while losing and getting irritated, I just pick up an assassin and derp around murdering people. It's not necessarily going to win me the match, but I'm going to have much more fun than if I tried to be the one person with a brain and got slaughtered expecting my team to work with me. Hell, I've actually won a few games by doing that. Playing non-pursuant to the metagame is not necessarily a bad thing if you're not playing bad.

Hamm3rhand 11-02-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malah (Hozzászólás 30985860)
Play to have fun and screw what other people have to say about it.

Now, playing like a derpass is usually rather unfun for you because you get slaughtered and your team is going to be rather upset at you. If you want to play like a derpass and still be viable, play high tier with whackass builds or POOTERSS Zilean. There is a large difference between being bad and being odd.

Tank Lulu is correct. AP Lulu is odd. AS Lulu is derp and is only acceptable because Lulu is overpowered. Ulting people at full HP for lulz and dancing in the middle while building six tears is derpass and will get you reported. For example, when I get a team full of derp (4 glass), instead of trying to play crutch tank and play to the meta while losing and getting irritated, I just pick up an assassin and derp around murdering people. It's not necessarily going to win me the match, but I'm going to have much more fun than if I tried to be the one person with a brain and got slaughtered expecting my team to work with me. Hell, I've actually won a few games by doing that. Playing non-pursuant to the metagame is not necessarily a bad thing if you're not playing bad.

THIS! Tank Janna is good. Ap support janna is good. Movespeed POOTERSSS Janna is good. Trinity tank Janna? Probably not terrible. Your AD janna where you build lifesteal and phantom dancer and try to AA people to death? Not good! It simply doesn't work nearly as well as any of the other options and you didn't communicate that that was what you were trying to do in chat so we had no way to know that you were going for an off the wall build, and so had no way to react until it was too late. Personally I wouldn't have cared so much if you had simply said you were going ad janna in champ select.

HaIfhearted 11-02-2012 10:54 PM

Yeah, one of the most important things about playing a "different" build is to communicate your intentions to your team before the game starts, so they can plan their champion choices accordingly.

It helps to stop a lot of the rage if you let people know you're doing something "fun" beforehand.

cocacolalips 11-03-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand (Hozzászólás 30989916)
THIS! Tank Janna is good. Ap support janna is good. Movespeed POOTERSSS Janna is good. Trinity tank Janna? Probably not terrible. Your AD janna where you build lifesteal and phantom dancer and try to AA people to death? Not good! It simply doesn't work nearly as well as any of the other options and you didn't communicate that that was what you were trying to do in chat so we had no way to know that you were going for an off the wall build, and so had no way to react until it was too late. Personally I wouldn't have cared so much if you had simply said you were going ad janna in champ select.

You don't understand. It's nothing personal. I could care less about what people think and what not. I have played every single champion with every single possible build. I know what's good and what's not, what's optimal and what's not. But I don't care.

What does concern me is that I see a Rammus, a Jax, a Jayce, a Darius, a Blitzcrank every single game.
It doesn't matter on what team they are. It's exactly the same.
It's like having the same lunch over and over and over. You know what I mean? It makes you puke.

On SR, you don't have much of this, because the game is quite balanced.

+1 Halfhearted, give 'em Cookies, give 'em Ranked, riot plz