League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Zed lore is one of the best lore I've ever read ! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2752038)

dafedidi 11-01-2012 07:45 PM

Zed lore is one of the best lore I've ever read !

It almost perfect. Perfect normal guy that want more power to get see in his master eyes.

So good. There is 2 problems :

-Why he join the league ?.?
-Why he cry, then he gets out like nothing happened ? o.o

Anyway, I love it. It explain why Akali/Shen/Kennen are from an old ninja clan.

Leotamer 11-01-2012 07:49 PM

He joined mostly likely to gain new followers by showing them the ways of the shadow or to try to defeat the trio, and the second one is probably that he seen some kind of ancient horror in the box, or the master attacked his soul or mind instead of the body, or could of just been he was a shadow and it just didn't leave a mark.

Elfons 11-01-2012 07:51 PM

I find it boring to see Diana's model lore for a third time... (Diana/Syndra/Zed)

Sylph 11-01-2012 08:47 PM

He probably cried out in anguish for killing his own master. Frustrated that he was never recognized as his best student, that he was banished after all that time... the cry could have been a release of all of these emotions? Just a guess.

AbramsAbrams 11-01-2012 09:33 PM

Guys we all know what the clique would say about the "forbidden box." Zed wanted more power, he needs the box. He goes to get the box. Opens the box again only to find out it's empty. so he gets mad and kills the master in a fit of rage. I feel like we have all seen this before.

Snes C 11-01-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfons (Hozzászólás 30946776)
I find it boring to see Diana's model lore for a third time... (Diana/Syndra/Zed)

Actually, Zed's lore is more an antithesis to Diana's. Diana wished to share a good revelation with her people and was met with condemnation, leading her to hatred. Zed wished to use an evil source of power for his own benefit and was initially met with condemnation, but later with absolution and a chance at redemption, which he rejected.

Syndra is kind of a middle ground. Her turn to her own selfish desires could have been prevented by the Ionian leaders giving her more freedom for her power to grow naturally, or if she had shown more patience in her training. Her ambition and their fear of her potential are both to blame.

I think his lore is great.

Killchrono 11-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfons (Hozzászólás 30946776)

Maybe it's intentionally thematic; lots of champions whether the student overthrows the teacher type-thing.

Either way, I don't mind this. Maybe it's just the fact I'm a sucker for the rival-type champions and like the fact it helps expand the lore of those already existing champions, but I prefer this more to someone like, say, Syndra, who seemingly has no links to existing champions outside of her Ionian heritage.

Mutterscrawl 11-01-2012 10:01 PM

Doesn't match Shen's lore too well, and the random evil box seems silly.

Snes C 11-01-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Hozzászólás 30951582)
Doesn't match Shen's lore too well, and the random evil box seems silly.

Yeah, who would expect to find an evil artifact in a sealed off section of an ancient, mystical temple?

Elite Midget 11-01-2012 10:53 PM

There are issues.

Why did he join the League?
Why is he allowed to keep the Temple he stole from those famous like Shen?
Why is he allowed to openly get away with murder?
Why is he allowed to openly defy Ionian Society in one of their most sacred temples?
Why isn't Akali and Kennen mentioned at all?

And ect....