League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to become pro with Pantheon (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=273419)

Mana Grenade 10-02-2010 04:42 PM

How to become pro with Pantheon

wat skill build, items, and tactics do u use?

Its HoBBiT 10-02-2010 04:49 PM

i think its something about using your stun skill when you are skyfalling
all the pros seem to start the stun before the skyfall animation is finished...somehow im not sure how though
and i think crit damage would be a good idea since he's got that free crit on low hp enemies maybe?
idk never played him

but you should master w/e technique it is that allows to stun before skyfall is up cuz all the good ones definitely do that...other wise you just run out and dont get hit...

Carados 10-02-2010 04:50 PM

Don't level your E past 1 point at level 4, don't waste gold on on-hit items, crit, attack speed, or so on. It's not hard if you realize he's just Kat with physical damage.

Vijaya 10-02-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Its HoBBiT (Hozzászólás 3222267)
i think its something about using your stun skill when you are skyfalling
all the pros seem to start the stun before the skyfall animation is finished...somehow im not sure how though
and i think crit damage would be a good idea since he's got that free crit on low hp enemies maybe?
idk never played him

but you should master w/e technique it is that allows to stun before skyfall is up cuz all the good ones definitely do that...other wise you just run out and dont get hit...

Press R, click an area, press W, click a champ. It doesn't cast before Skyfall lands, it just procs it to go off as soon as you hit ground.

Get items that give you armor pen and damage, and focus on your Q.

Also, pick a champ that is pro. Pantheon gets outshined by a lot of toons.

KhaoticImp 10-02-2010 05:36 PM

Vijaya summed it up.
Only put one point into heart seeker strike and level it last(I prefer lvl 4). Never pick up AS or Crit...ever.
Try to bring at least one defensive summoner spell with you.

xathil 10-02-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 3222290)
Don't level your E past 1 point at level 4, don't waste gold on on-hit items, crit, attack speed, or so on. It's not hard if you realize he's just Kat with physical damage.

no he isnt. panth >>>>> kat. kat has no cc at all. no slow from skyfall, no stun.

and panth is still really good. hes not as POWERFUL as some other chars, but for team fights hes great. esp the out of nowhere stun you can use to chase.

early game learn to use the toss + stun. pick up some lifesteal/AS/AD then you just need to learn when to use your stun to start fights past that... heartseeker is decent for taking down minion waves late game to farm for items.

Carados 10-02-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xathil (Hozzászólás 3223316)
no he isnt. panth >>>>> kat. kat has no cc at all. no slow from skyfall, no stun.

You're missing the point.

Habber Dasher 10-02-2010 07:56 PM

Okay I'm not saying I'm super pro with Panth or anything, but I do okay with him and I disagree when people say he's just like Kat or that he's a "physical melee caster", whatever that means. If you play him like that, you usually end up using spear throw-aegis-HSS, running away, and then remaining fairly useless for the rest of the fight while you wait for your cooldowns. This works well in the begging of the game but you'll start contributing much less in later game team fights. However if you invest a little in AS, Crit, and some survivability you can continue to kick *** after you blow your combo, and are a much more versatile character IMHO. Sure prioritizing AD and armor pen is a good idea because it helps with auto attacks and your abilities, but don't forget about other stats.

Carados 10-02-2010 07:59 PM

You're not building CDR why?

malphismia 10-02-2010 09:24 PM

Use Q for harass.

Level up Q and W alternatively.

Get E at level 8, 9 or 13. You will actually do more damage just attacking and Q-ing than doing HSS (post-nerf). The only time you use HSS is when theyre ALL clumped up. But even then, theyll run out of melee range and you have to chase them, rather than being locked onto 1 champ and dishing out ridiculous singe-target damage with 100% crit chance under 15% health.

Your ult is amazing, can't stress this enough. It's not meant to deal damage. It's not even meant to slow. When they see that big ****ing circle, **** hits the fan and half their team runs left, half their team runs right, and clean-up time commences. Everyone is like "kekekeke I'm so smart, I can run out of the big circle range". But essentially, it screws up all of their positioning, which is most important for their squishy carries. Even their tanks are like "kekekeke I ran out" *ally Kog'maw has been slain*

I'm using ArPen reds, ArPen quints, rest are MP5/level to avoid chalice. Harass from brush, time your passive so you don't take as much damage (since you don't have HP quints)