||10-26-2012 06:15 PM
Tasty Tournament #0, <1500 Elo Tournament on 10/27 at 12:00 noon EDT
Tasty Tournament Series:
Mission: Provide teams that are looking to learn and improve with a competitive setting allowing them to compete with teams of similar skill level. To encourage and foster the growth of players and teams looking to improve. This first tournament will be a test run to see how the rules, format, administration of the tournament goes.
Format: 8 teams, Best of 1, Double Elimination.
- No member may have a highest solo queue elo at or above 1500, and the average of your teams highest solo queue Elos must be 1400 or lower.
- Teams must have 5-7 members on their rosters. Rosters are locked at 12:01 am the day of the tournament.
- Note: Players without a solo queue rating will be given a default rating of 1200
When: Saturday 10/27 From 12:00pm (noon) EDT until the tournament ends (roughly 7:00 - 8:00 EDT)
Prizes: No prizes will be given out for this initial test tournament. In the future we plan on having Riot Point prizes given out from Riot as well prizes from other sponsoring organizations.
Registration is free and will close at 10:00am EDT on Saturday 10/27. To register, first create and register an account at www.challonge.com
and then fill out the google form here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHZHNEFiNmVDbEltaVpaRC1rV2N1Nnc6M Q#gid=0
. Stay tuned to http://www.rakalakalili.com/tasty-tournament-0.html
as it is the portal for the tournament.
Complete rules and instructions for the tournament are included below:
IRC: #tastytournament on Quakenet will be the official method of communication for all teams and admins. All teams are required to have a representative active in the channel for their teams duration in the tournament. You can join find an easy to use webchat here: http://www.rakalakalili.com/irc.html
- Teams must have 5-7 players that meet the rating requirements above
- Teams must select their 5 player roster for each game before proceeding to champion select
- No roster changes will be allowed on the day of the tournament
- A player may only compete on one team in each tournament. In the event a player plays on more than one team, both teams said player has played on will be disqualified.
- Teams will be seeded based on the average of the top 5 highest solo queue ratings on the team's roster.
- Higher seed will create the game and invite all players. Games will be played Tournament Draft, Summoners Rift.
- Higher seed will have choice between Blue or Purple side.
- Teams have 20 minutes from the start time of the tournament or 15 minutes after both prior games are reported to begin the next game. In the event a team is not prepared after their grace period, they will be immediately disqualified.
- In the event that a team has not shown after their grace period, the team requesting a forfeit must contact an admin and have them confirm the forfeit.
- If neither team has 5 rostered members ready to play after the grace period is over, both teams will be immediately disqualified.
- All chat is to be used solely to issue initial greetings and congratulations upon finishing a match (eg. "GL HF" "GG wp" etc.). Any other use will issue a warning or disqualification at the discretion of the admins. (No "lol", "nice play", "you suck", "worth it", etc.)
- Any violation of the summoner's code in game will result in immediate disqualification for the offending team
- Teams may request a remake before 1:00 game time or first blood. Remade games must be made with the team using the same champions and summoner spells. Remakes will be used in the event a player forgot to change masteries, rune pages, or swapped champions. If you wish to request a remake, /pause the game and ask the other team. If the other team does not agree, the decision will be made by an admin.
- Disconnects do not warrant a remake request. In the event a player disconnects, it is expected for their team to issue a /pause command. Any kills/objectives/plays that result from a disconnect are valid and stand.
- Each team will be allowed 10 minutes of total pause time. Once 10 minutes have passed, the game must resume.
- The captain of the winning team must post the result of the match on Challonge immediately. A screenshot of the after game lobby must be attached to the bracket when the match is reported.
- If no match result is posted within 10 minutes of a match ending the winning team will automatically forfeit and no team will advance.
- All admin decisions are final
- Admins may choose to disqualify or issue warnings to any team at any point in the tournament for the rules listed above, or at their discretion.