League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Item idea: Ruby Slippers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2729593)

FearAzrael 10-26-2012 04:12 PM

Item idea: Ruby Slippers
 
Ruby Slippers
+200 health
Unique Passive: Increases health by 5% of max health.
Unique Passive: Movement Speed increased by 1% for ever 1000 health
Unique Passive: Enhanced Movement 2

Built from Ruby Crystal and Boots of Speed.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryukyu Wild (Hozzászólás 30726593)
Bonus health = to movespeed :)


JustMyBassCannon 10-26-2012 04:47 PM

Umm...holy **** that's powerful for boots.

FearAzrael 10-26-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exdeadman (Hozzászólás 30725619)
Umm...holy **** that's powerful for boots.

Actually, now that I do the math, that is not near powerful enough.

Merc Treads gives you 25 magic resistance, according to this article that is a damage reduction of 20%. At 3000 health that is equal to an extra 600 health versus magic damage. Not to mention Merc Treads also give Tenacity.

At 3000 health, Ruby Slippers would give 350 health (200 + (3000 * 0.5)) = 350


This is just a concept however, I'm not too concerned about balancing a theoretical item at this point.

Kevin 10-26-2012 05:16 PM

Bonus health = to movespeed :)

Irelia Bot 10-26-2012 05:27 PM

Mundo like new boots they make mundo passive stong.

FearAzrael 10-26-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryukyu Wild (Hozzászólás 30726593)
Bonus health = to movespeed :)

Snaps! That's a cool idea, I will add to OP.

Lickmybubble 10-27-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearAzrael (Hozzászólás 30726480)
Actually, now that I do the math, that is not near powerful enough.

Merc Treads gives you 25 magic resistance, according to this article that is a damage reduction of 20%. At 3000 health that is equal to an extra 600 health versus magic damage. Not to mention Merc Treads also give Tenacity.

At 3000 health, Ruby Slippers would give 350 health (200 + (3000 * 0.5)) = 350


This is just a concept however, I'm not too concerned about balancing a theoretical item at this point.


That link is a terrible calculation. 25 MR is going to be somewhere around 7% Magic Resist, not 20 or 25%.

The Blue Jelly 10-27-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lickmybubble (Hozzászólás 30750251)
That link is a terrible calculation. 25 MR is going to be somewhere around 7% Magic Resist, not 20 or 25%.

25 MR is approximately... no, it straight up IS 25% more effective health vs Magic Damage. So with 3k HP it's around 750 more EHP. However, that's only against magic damage, the 200+5% works on magic, physical, and true. With 3k health in addition, they'd provide 360 (the % would apply to the 200 as well, I reckon) or more (I don't feel like doing the limit of the 5% gains on itself).



As for how Resistance -> EHP works...

The "resist percentage" R is r/(r+100) percent less damage taken, where r is your resistance.
Damage Taken is thus D - DR, or rather, damage allowed is D(1-R)
Set D(1-R) equal to your HP (since we're trying to find you effective health): D(1-R)=H
Move the damage allowed % to the other side so it's an HP multiplier instead of a damage multiplier: D= H/(1-R)
Replace R with its r form: D = H / (1- r/(r+100))
Do some algebra: D = H / (((r+100) - r)/(r+100)) = H / (100/(r+100)) = (Hr + 100H) / 100
Rearrange: D = H + H(r/100)
Your effective health is your Health plus 1% per point of resistance.

EHP is a much better model for resistances than damage reduction, as it turns it into a personal buff instead of an enemy debuff.
As to the stats, 25 MR is *exactly* 20% damage reduction, and 100 MR is *exactly* 50% damage reduction. it's just they do this by providing 25% and 100% more effective health.
If the 1/4 gives 1/5 redux is confusing you think of it this way. You're at 4/4 and you add 1/4. You're now at 5/4.

JustMyBassCannon 10-27-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearAzrael (Hozzászólás 30726480)
Actually, now that I do the math, that is not near powerful enough.

Merc Treads gives you 25 magic resistance, according to this article that is a damage reduction of 20%. At 3000 health that is equal to an extra 600 health versus magic damage. Not to mention Merc Treads also give Tenacity.

At 3000 health, Ruby Slippers would give 350 health (200 + (3000 * 0.5)) = 350

This is just a concept however, I'm not too concerned about balancing a theoretical item at this point.

Let's do this from a slightly different viewpoint, shall we? Okay, so champion HP ranges from 1610-2381 without runes, masteries or items. Champion MR ranges from 30-52.5. So, we can deduce that a champion's effective HP against magic damage will be within the range of 2093 (1610*1.3) to 3631 (2381*1.525).

This item provides 200 flat HP and a 5% increase to all HP; so now our range goes to 1900-2710. Merc Treads add 25 MR, changing that range to 55-77.5. Now, to compare Merc Treads to this item for defense potential, we'll compare the EHP values.

1610*1.55=2495
2381*1.775=4226

1900*1.3=2470
2710*1.55=4200

Wait a second, hold on there...So you're saying that these HP boots just increased my effective HP by almost as much as Mercury Treads in regards to magic damage, while also having an effect on my physical EHP?

The Blue Jelly 10-27-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exdeadman (Hozzászólás 30753921)
Let's do this from a slightly different viewpoint, shall we? Okay, so champion HP ranges from 1610-2381 without runes, masteries or items. Champion MR ranges from 30-52.5. So, we can deduce that a champion's effective HP against magic damage will be within the range of 2093 (1610*1.3) to 3631 (2381*1.525).

This item provides 200 flat HP and a 5% increase to all HP; so now our range goes to 1900-2710. Merc Treads add 25 MR, changing that range to 55-77.5. Now, to compare Merc Treads to this item for defense potential, we'll compare the EHP values.

1610*1.55=2495
2381*1.775=4226

1900*1.3=2470
2710*1.55=4200

Wait a second, hold on there...So you're saying that these HP boots just increased my effective HP by almost as much as Mercury Treads in regards to magic damage, while also having an effect on my physical EHP?

You know, I was thinking about doing this math as well... Glad you did it before I caved and edited it in XD


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:28 AM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc