League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Practice Games now -100% XP/IP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=27078)

Cambios 11-20-2009 02:19 PM

Practice Games now -100% XP/IP?

My wife and I are pretty new to the game. One thing we liked was that you could still earn some xp in the practice/pve game vs. bots.

I tried a practive vs. bots game today and it was worth 0 xp/ip, and showed a -100% xp/ip penalty.

Is this an accident/bug or is this designed?

I understand that this game is primarily about PvP and that's cool. I totally get that. My personal feedback is that having a way to play vs. bots that still earns SOME xp is nice, as for many people that is a more fun way to experiment with different characters. Personally, I'd feel pretty guilty gimping my team in a "real game" just because I was experimenting with something new.

Caniption 11-20-2009 02:20 PM

Check the latest patch notes?

edit: checked the patch notes, of course nothign was mentioned.

This sounds like a stealth nerf to reduce easy IP/exp gains.

11-20-2009 02:20 PM

Once you are a certain level you can only earn XP and IP in 4 practice games / 24 hour period.

Pretty good compromise imo. Welcome to the game! Feel free to add me

Thinkaman 11-20-2009 02:21 PM

I think the current design lets you get 4 practice games worth of XP/IP per day, though I could be wrong.

That should accommodate players in your shoes some, while preventing farming and exploitation by others.

Caniption 11-20-2009 02:22 PM

Ha, I never knew any of that, course i only ever played 1-2 practice games a week when trying to get a quick feel for a new champ.

Lima Beans 11-20-2009 02:23 PM

Also has to be an even number of players on both teams (with bots counting as players).

Nmaster64 11-20-2009 02:37 PM

It'd be so nice if it was actually worth my time to play on Twisted Treeline...

11-20-2009 02:38 PM

It's worth your time to play it 4 times a day.

More fun than summoner's rift in my opinion.

Brendon 11-20-2009 03:34 PM

I just did a practice game that was 3 on 2, so I didn't expect to get XP/IP. However, the final page DOES say "-100% XP/IP for a Practice Game."

You should really change that to be more specific. Like "-100% XP/IP for an Uneven Practice Game" or something.

Imasock 11-20-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lima Beans (Hozzászólás 301392)
Also has to be an even number of players on both teams (with bots counting as players).

What if the teams are uneven in the opposing team's favor?

I did a practice game with 3v5, I was on the 3 team, and I still got 0 IP/XP even though our team is at a clear disadvantage by only having 3 heroes. Why is there a penalty for me trying to make practice games a bit harder for myself?