League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2000+ games played on Twisted Treeline, my thoughts on the changes. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2694518)

Death Crave 10-18-2012 09:37 AM

2000+ games played on Twisted Treeline, my thoughts on the changes.

Unfortunately I am not able to test it due to not having signed up for the PBE this month which is a shame.

However after over 2000+ games on treeline I am happy to see suggestions I made in this very forum being used.

Things I suggested that they used -

1. Condensed jungle to middle to improve jungling viability and ganking strength.

2. Cut down on turtling by changing the placement of the spawns.

3. Replace dragon buff with a more impactful buff than just bonus damage.

4. Add items specific to the map to improve role versatility.

These are a list of things they did that I didnt suggest but am excited to see -

1. Shrine buff system. Looks intresting but I am concerned having a speed shrine in mid will make junglers way stronger than they need to be.

2. Remove wards from the map. I myself have almost never bought wards knowing they were not that big of a deal if you just pay attention and work as a team. Removing them proves I have been right all along, wards are pointless.

I am however sad to see the original version go away entirely if that is indeed the case, but I understand it makes little sense to have it there with such an obviously better map replacing it.

The items look great, although the one that built from blackwater cutlass looks to need a nerf. It shouldnt have the bloodrazor effect attached to it. Or at least take the amount down a bit or it will become a standard item to stack with madreds and have every attack deal 8% of total health.

Hope this hits live soon, cant wait to test it as I only play Twisted treeline.

Eturnus 10-18-2012 09:57 AM

I'm sad that you put the part about "Removing(wards) them proves I have been right all along, wards are pointless." at the end of your post.

Had it been closer to the top I wouldn't of had to waste my time reading this.

If you think wards are useless.....I....I....I just don't know what to say to you.

PrinceVert 10-18-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eturnus (Hozzászólás 30369591)
I'm sad that you put the part about "Removing(wards) them proves I have been right all along, wards are pointless." at the end of your post.

Had it been closer to the top I wouldn't of had to waste my time reading this.

If you think wards are useless.....I....I....I just don't know what to say to you.

Indeed I have played +1000 games on TT and I can't stress myself that wards win games, they always do.

Death Crave 10-18-2012 10:31 AM

You must not play much 3v3 if you think wards are a requirement for the map.

Call mias, pay attention to the 2 lanes that are always in view on the map and easy to notice and you should always be able to know where the enemy is.

If you need wards on this map your not good, 5v5 sure they help with some things as that map is larger has more people on it and way more going on. If you cant pay attention to just 2 lanes then again your bad, or very new.

Death Crave 10-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceVert (Hozzászólás 30371254)
Indeed I have played +1000 games on TT and I can't stress myself that wards win games, they always do.

That may be true for you but the opposite is true for me, wards never seem to matter.

And with well over 2000+ games played I know my stuff. People that rely on other team members buying wards are bad, you want to use them for yourself thats fine if it is your playstyle.

But if you think Riot removing wards isnt clear proof that they are not needed for this map then you are missing something. They wouldnt remove them unless they were not useful, or were promoting poor play.

OneSixthIrish 10-18-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceVert (Hozzászólás 30371254)

This.

/thread.

Journeyboy 10-18-2012 11:06 AM

Using wards and not using wards is the difference between someone who is competitive and someone who just likes to dick around.

Death Crave 10-18-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journeyboy (Hozzászólás 30373289)
Using wards and not using wards is the difference between someone who is competitive and someone who just likes to dick around.

That is an opinion, especially seeing how I am very competitve and win a large percentage of my games. Wards are not cost effective, if I can save 75g by just paying attention why wouldnt I?

If you need wards buy them, dont make other people buy them because you cant live without them.

CaptainAMorgan 10-18-2012 11:13 AM

Wards are so much better on TT.

WTF is this thread man?!?!?

You may have played a lot of games, but you never learned ANYTHING.

Hows this: Consider the size of TT, it's probably 1/3-1/2 of the size of SR.

In SR they COVER the map in wards. In TT you can do that for about 750 gold. Rather than 1000s.

My team hasn't lost when we buy more wards than the other team. Pinking red and dragon ALL GAME.

Controlling TT was far too easy, and that was A HUGE problem. I think they should have increased the prices on wards, or only made pinks on the new TT, that would be more fun and skillful.

EDIT for OP: 2000 non-ranked 3s played.
TROLOLOL no need to read this garbage.

Warding is an opinion now??

So let's ask the pros why they do it.

Sam 10-18-2012 11:15 AM

no wards = playing more careful if they have a jungler and more map awareness. don't see anything wrong with that ;)