League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New TT jungle difficulty (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2693519)

innervation 10-18-2012 02:32 AM

New TT jungle difficulty
 
Hi summoners.

Just played on the new TT as fiora. Ran 39 armor, boots and a d blade. I jumped in the jungle at lvl 4 (i believe) on a whim and fought the wraith camp. Boy was it eeeeasy. Little wraiths were hitting me for 11 damage, and 2 Qs and an auto attack almost killed the big wraith.

I realize Fiora's passive kinda lends itself to jungle success, and I need to do A LOT more testing, but my first impression was that the jungle is maybe a bit too easy.

Lemee know what you guys think.

Best BeatwiferNA 10-18-2012 04:14 AM

that what i was worried about. the jungle being too easy is going to lead to more off-kilter jungles, which is going to torment people with strategies combating junglers. the difficulty of the current (previous) jungle was great, because it forced either smite, or a solid laning phase.

Risemix 10-18-2012 04:19 AM

The jungle is not only easy but rather marginal. You can basically run no jungler (maybe your top laner can take smite for spider control) and just farm the jungle for spare creeps during downtime like you would as a mid laner in SR.

You can't ward so there's very little point in trying to gain jungle control. The jungle itself is very small so it's easy to tell where your opponents are just by looking at the map every few seconds.

It looks like we're going to see bruiser top and some kind of duo bot combo. Cool-down based mages suck, frankly, because there's so much action all the time. A mage with an ult on a long CD might only get to use it a handful of times each match.

CaptainAMorgan 10-18-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risemix (Hozzászólás 30360445)
The jungle is not only easy but rather marginal. You can basically run no jungler (maybe your top laner can take smite for spider control) and just farm the jungle for spare creeps during downtime like you would as a mid laner in SR.

You can't ward so there's very little point in trying to gain jungle control. The jungle itself is very small so it's easy to tell where your opponents are just by looking at the map every few seconds.

It looks like we're going to see bruiser top and some kind of duo bot combo. Cool-down based mages suck, frankly, because there's so much action all the time. A mage with an ult on a long CD might only get to use it a handful of times each match.


Wait... You cannot ward for real???

Are they trying to ravage this map?

Warding was not the entire point of the previous map, but map control was HUUUUGE.

This new TT is looking more and more like dominion and less and less like TT.

No jungler now, no wards now, no top jungle now.

RIOT please do the old TT justice and fix the old TT, don't just rework it into Dominion + TT.

So far I am not impressed by the gameplay and map changes.

I really want answers for the reasoning here. I really see no need to offer a speed boost on a map that was set up similar to SR, but played like a 3v3 map.

Not just a smaller dominion with towers and a boss...

Turtle Omega 10-18-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan (Hozzászólás 30363301)
Wait... You cannot ward for real???

Are they trying to ravage this map?

Warding was not the entire point of the previous map, but map control was HUUUUGE.

This new TT is looking more and more like dominion and less and less like TT.

No jungler now, no wards now, no top jungle now.

RIOT please do the old TT justice and fix the old TT, don't just rework it into Dominion + TT.

So far I am not impressed by the gameplay and map changes.

I really want answers for the reasoning here. I really see no need to offer a speed boost on a map that was set up similar to SR, but played like a 3v3 map.

Not just a smaller dominion with towers and a boss...

be quiet

HideyoshiX 10-18-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan (Hozzászólás 30363301)
I really want answers for the reasoning here. I really see no need to offer a speed boost on a map that was set up similar to SR, but played like a 3v3 map.

They want you to contest the buff points. They want junglers ( I assume) to be able to escape ganks within the jungle. They want aggression. Therefore, speed boosts.

CaptainAMorgan 10-18-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HideyoshiX (Hozzászólás 30363811)
They want you to contest the buff points. They want junglers ( I assume) to be able to escape ganks within the jungle. They want aggression. Therefore, speed boosts.

The old TT wasn't always about aggression. This is my problem.

This will be limiting I think.

You will have a lot of must picks with something like that.

Shyvana, Jayce, Nunu, Lee, Rumble, Garen will be insane with any passive speed boost, and there are many many more. Those guys were already top tier for 3s and now they buff them with a random speed boost?

I understand why you would do it, I want to know why they chose to actually do it.

It really makes no sense to me to remove the jungle and warding and to increase the speed of the game to unbearable speeds for certain champs.

The jungle control was the real key to the old TT and now they have cut into pieces with the vast removal of the jungle coupled with these Altars and a Speed boost.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:55 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc