League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Guys.. The time has come. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2681614)

WhoppinWilliow 10-14-2012 08:14 PM

Guys.. The time has come.

http://www.change.org/petitions/riot...rs-do-it#share

Read it, sign it.

Lethadind 10-14-2012 08:34 PM

Or you can learn to play nice with others?

EDIT: Okay I realized immediately after posting that it wasn't very helpful.

Seriously though dude. Your mentality is all wrong. Sure what your describing "exists," but how could it not? Was every kid nice to you on the playground at school? Has no one every tried to take advantage of you with money, social status, or friends? These type of people exist and in a game where you have millions of people participating at the same time, even if the community consists of 1% toxic that's thousands of people that are toxic, and there are going to be a few slip-ups with the system they implemented. The only feasible way for Riot to deal with it is to ask the community to help.

Do YOU want to sift through thousands upon thousands of reports A DAY by yourself (or even a team of ten people!) just to find, like, ten credible reports? Of course not. Neither does anyone else. Riot asks that we help them in this regard and in return they give us free services - you don't HAVE to pay for the game brah, you chose to spend all that cash for "cool stuff."

However, MULTIPLE bans on your account means the problem is (I can say with 99% confidence) YOU. You are likely raging at people and don't want them to take it as heavily as they do or something. Reality check, they do! They aren't going to change either, because there are millions of them.

I have personally never had a problem with bans, and I've been playing this game for almost a year. I've been "reported," but never even notified or warned or banned or anything. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe I'm doing something you aren't? Think about it.

thepantsparty 10-14-2012 11:35 PM

LOL this petition

ExecutionerK 10-15-2012 12:12 AM

Let the GM reads his case, he will still get banned

nice try son.

Elodin 10-15-2012 05:59 AM

Why is this in the guides and strategy section?

Besides that, you have to be really bad to get banned. I'm a complete ****** sometimes and I haven't even been suspended yet, so if you got perma-banned, then you must be blowing up on people every game (it doesn't help your case that you imply that all people who report you are just "Angry kids")

No, you aren't supposed to take breaks in the middle of a game, if you leave the game even for 5-10 minutes (Which is rather long even if the game lasts an hour.) then you're falling behind in gold, leaving either your lane open for free farm/pushing or leaving your team without a 5th member for objectives/team fights. It screws over your team and there's a reason you'll get reported for it.

Also, I'm pretty sure they took out the IP reward for people doing the Tribunal, even if you still get IP for it the amount is pathetic and not worth the time, you do it because you want to not because you want rewards.

They also released a statement showing that pardons were handed out more than punishes.

So your argument is bad, u mad and this petition was a waste of time.

^ See? I'm a ****** and I haven't been banned, so you must have done a lot of bad things.

Turb0 10-15-2012 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

"The problem is LoL's community is a very aggressive, people are very rude to each other and there are a lot of problems with trolls. What does Riot do to stop these players?"
The mute button.

Quote:

"i get reported by some angry kid in game, then you reward that angry kid for getting me banned later because you rewarded him for clicking punish?"
It goes by a majority vote. So a lot of people had to click punish for a good reason. Also, its only 5ip per case if your decision was correct. Not very much for an "angry kid" looking for "free stuff".

Quote:

"One other very key factor, games can last up to ONE HOUR with ZERO breaks"
Which is why you do all your business BEFORE you play the game. Who can't sit for an hour and play a video game? If it's really that time consuming, boring, requires too much concentration, frustrating etc, go do better things other than playing games.

Quote:

"Now, I lose $100's that I put into my account because I've been reported by the "tribunal" too many times"
That's your own fault. It was your decision to put money into the game and do whatever it was that got you banned. You won't get 1 million people to care about your ban.

(on a side note, why is this in the strategy and guides section?)

Warrrrax 10-15-2012 09:12 AM

Um, having Riot hire tons of people to read the thousands and thousands of reports submitted every day is not cost-effective. Think about it. 1 dude can read what? 100 reports in great detail per day?

Theres about 100,000 reports filed per day if not more. So Riot should open a building and hire 100 people to do nothing but read reports all day?
Triple their staff just to read reports? Seriously dude.