League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Just played a few games vs Rengar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2673548)

Evolnemesis 10-13-2012 11:19 AM

Just played a few games vs Rengar

And I keep wondering to myself, what the hell is everyone complaining about?

Seriously, where is this OMG 2-shot you **** I keep hearing about? I was playing Heimer... literally the squishiest easiest to kill champion IN THE LEAGUE with THE LOWEST ARMOR... and even then Rengar's damage didn't seem crazy to me at all... to me it didn't seem like anything any assassin couldn't do. And as far as hard to kill... I think Akali is harder to kill than he is while doing more damage at the same time... it's even easier to get away from Rengar than almost anyone else too.

And I looked at his numbers on the wiki... there's no way he's 2 shotting ANYONE.

Is it just that people don't like him because he lane counters some popular tops?

EDIT: Why downvote me? Every other post in this thread so far agreed with me AND got upvoted, lol... I guess people just don't like me :( I admit, I don't play top much, and I haven't played a million games vs him... but I just don't see him being overpowered at all as a champ.

CerealBoxOfDoom 10-13-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolnemesis (Hozzászólás 30177270)
there's no way he's 2 shotting ANYONE.

rengar mia
level 16
people doing tons of damage
people build more glass cannon.
people get pwned and QQ because killing enemy champs made them feel powerful and they didnt realize they were still squishies.

Get Rekkled 10-13-2012 11:39 AM

Rengar isn't OP. Ppl need to relearn to fight an AD assasin. Its just like the ppl who used to call talon op. Build early armor buy a vision ward, shut him down, GG.

Epictues 10-13-2012 11:52 AM

tldr:

I just played a game against a Rengar for the first time, and now I know for sure how good or bad Rengar can be, so let me make a thread enlightening everyone.

RadiantPyrophore 10-13-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticxkilla (Hozzászólás 30177762)
Rengar isn't OP. Ppl need to relearn to fight an AD assasin. Its just like the ppl who used to call talon op. Build early armor buy a vision ward, shut him down, GG.

Talon WAS OP when he could spam his Rake for like 30 mana for a while. It was freaking retarded, he could out-harass pretty nearly anyone, even in duo lanes.

Rake to the future. Oh wait, not anymore.

fastplay 10-13-2012 01:50 PM

Rengar is far from being op at less jungle I have only lost once to a rangar counter jungling me but it was my first game as kha in pvp. Rengar have some what no real chance vs anyone with at less one hard cc. Also most rengar I since build full glass cannon only seen two good one that did try counter building me but me going noc jungle vs them just made them easy. since noc q,w,e combo shut rengar right down.

Lightofduskandda 10-13-2012 05:02 PM

His Q is really strong against the support/ad carry bot meta that people like. That's the harder thing about him that takes a bit. And I'm usually and advocate for building for the situation, but items with armor that are good are expensive and a cloth armor's not enough even early game against that q and the pounce that you can be backed into. I'm saying this from playing support nid and lulu as well as Varus ad carry. And this is before level 6 that this happens with. It's not so much dealing with him that often as it is that first few hits means you're getting turret dived by the other teammates in the lane.

awesomejak 10-14-2012 08:18 AM

I play as rengar and lemme tell u... If u don't play him right u can get shut down way to easy and get pushed out of lane too much... But if the other person doesn't know how to counter in the slightest there are a couple tricks to take them down quick, and u will dominate.... But u seriously gotta work at it...

Evolnemesis 10-14-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomejak (Hozzászólás 30215342)
I play as rengar and lemme tell u... If u don't play him right u can get shut down way to easy and get pushed out of lane too much... But if the other person doesn't know how to counter in the slightest there are a couple tricks to take them down quick, and u will dominate.... But u seriously gotta work at it...

Yeah, kind of like any assassin champ in the game.

michelada 10-14-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolnemesis (Hozzászólás 30177270)
And I keep wondering to myself, what the hell is everyone complaining about?

Seriously, where is this OMG 2-shot you **** I keep hearing about? I was playing Heimer... literally the squishiest easiest to kill champion IN THE LEAGUE with THE LOWEST ARMOR... and even then Rengar's damage didn't seem crazy to me at all... to me it didn't seem like anything any assassin couldn't do. And as far as hard to kill... I think Akali is harder to kill than he is while doing more damage at the same time... it's even easier to get away from Rengar than almost anyone else too.

And I looked at his numbers on the wiki... there's no way he's 2 shotting ANYONE.

Is it just that people don't like him because he lane counters some popular tops?

EDIT: Why downvote me? Every other post in this thread so far agreed with me AND got upvoted, lol... I guess people just don't like me :( I admit, I don't play top much, and I haven't played a million games vs him... but I just don't see him being overpowered at all as a champ.

trust me , the rengar that u played against was really bad then.