League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RIOT: Australian Server Wanted Please (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2672854)

Tainted Echelon 10-13-2012 04:39 AM

RIOT: Australian Server Wanted Please

Hi, after about a year and half of playing I am getting tired of constant high ping and player dcs. True player dcs will still happen but I am not the only one that would prefer to play on an Australian server being that i live in South Australia and hit your servers at a super fast 230ms. I think a vast majority of Australia/New Zealand would play on the server and would be very happy to have a more competitive/local game to play. At the moment you come up against people on 10ms and that alone is daunting not even taking into account player skill. If we had a server located closer to us that was not across a bed of ocean we would have a few more competitive teams. Most connections lose 140ms crossing the ocean alone, we have plenty of internet providers that would be happy to host a server; Internode is probably are best if not them Adam Internet would be another. Please give it some serious thought, I dont think I know of any competitive Australian based teams and its not likely to happen if we cant get access to a server closer.

Kind regards Maximum Flasher

Omegalucky 10-13-2012 05:31 AM

You Aussies need to realise your not the only ones with bad connections. An oceanic server would be better so that Australia, New Zealand and the far east can have good connections

Tainted Echelon 10-13-2012 06:37 PM

An oceanic server would be fantastic, not sure what you mean by far east though but i counted New Zealand in the demograhic that would play on a server located closer to us. To be able to play under 100ms would be amazing actually pick the right card with Twisted Fate, Alistar headbutt/pulverize geez even timing Tryndameres ult would be a hell out alot easier. So many champs that require instant reponse times will high latency players ever be able to play them properly? Australia has no competitive scene and playing ranked you get to about 1500-1700 elo and then you get fisted orange ping vs green ping gg have all the skill in the world but if the game doesnt respond to the command in time doesnt matter a bit. I honestly feel Riot doesnt care about the high latency players and just wants our money, like i said we have plenty of big internet providers that would be more then happy to host a server it is in there benefit. Im going to play now at 230-250ms and pray that someone on my team doesnt dc, out of my last 6 match ups 5 games i have had a teammate dc/never connect so fun times had by all. Would love to hear from an actual Riot representative so i will just bump this till they ban me again.

pigdogx 10-15-2012 06:12 AM

yeah i totally agree with that idea, I've got loads of friends that play LoL here in Australia

KirbyKerbs 11-02-2012 08:28 PM

Opening up an Australian server would provide a great deal more to the game, allowing more pro teams to join the group of elites, because at the moment we have some really good players but our only fall is our connection speed, i play at around 200 ms with adsl2+ speed, i can't live stream or ill sit at 300+ ms and i would really like to be able to play and stream. I play with americans that complain wen they get 200 ping and QQ and scream lagg.....welcome to my life! P.S if you think australians are good at the moment picture us without that breif delay before and after spell casting!

Shargun 11-02-2012 09:57 PM

If you make an Oceania server, you get too many languages and too little people to refine matchmaking enough and you also have to transfer masses of data from the NA or EU servers to the new one so you can retain your RP purchases. I think it just wouldn't work.

Ownage96 11-02-2012 11:03 PM

I play from australia too and i'm sick of having 150-250 ping every day!! :(

BoboBiggunz 11-14-2012 09:36 PM

its awesome when you get lag when changing directions, or miss cd's due to it.

Australian servers please!!!!

TmPI FIGJAM 02-08-2013 02:30 PM

When people say Oceania servers, that's the ONLY thing that will possibly work, I am an Australian and would love to have Australian servers so I can play with New Zealand friends and surrouding area's. Also, I would think it would be a good idea that people's level's, characters, mastery's and runes carry over from other servers if Oceania servers WERE opened up, because, I don't know about anyone else, but I have invested money into the game and I would not like to lose money I have invested into the game.

Tál 02-08-2013 10:05 PM

its been confirmed, the only thing thats needed now is a date.