League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just Bought Karma, Failing Hard. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2672687)

Tis a nice day 10-13-2012 01:22 AM

Just Bought Karma, Failing Hard.

Hello all, I just bought Karma today, but after 3 games im starting to consider selling her back. She's great during the laning phase, but she seems to fall apart in any other situation.

On paper, Karma seemed really good:

Passive which gave AP based on missing health
Two powerful AOEs and a potentially damaging W allows for fast pushing
Possesses a slow/haste
AOE Heal
Fairly good AP ratios
Possibly the most powerful non-ultimate shield spell in the game.

Yet I invariably fail with her every game.

Any experienced Karma players have some tips for how to play this champion?

SpaceDink 10-13-2012 03:05 AM

Whos karma?

Mortamor 10-13-2012 04:22 AM

In my experiences, you practically need to play her mid lane, due to her reliance on AP. If you get a ****ton of early AP, such as an early DFG and Deathcap, you should be fine later.

Also: Do NOT use Mantra on Q ever, unless you REALLY need the heal. E is the best mantra use in fights, and a mantra'd W will at least let you catch anyone you please.

Amoc 10-13-2012 05:58 AM

Karma's bad. In like 700 games (total) I've seen Karma played maybe 20 times and she was pre-remake Eve bad.

etharian 10-13-2012 06:04 AM

So your reasoning is that karma is bad because not everyone plays her. That seems like a pretty silly reason. Why is she so terrible? Is ot cuz no one plays her? If i start to play karma does that mean she will be a little bit better :-D

Lethadind 10-13-2012 11:18 AM

No one plays her because she's not a viable champ right now. She's underpowered and doesn't really have much of a use in the laning phase or teamfights. She can still get fed if she's played correctly, but she's horribly underpowered. Why gimp yourself when there are champions that can do things better than she can?

Teamslash 10-13-2012 11:21 AM

Her heal is useful in team fights. Shield the focus targets. Don't waste mantra on binding. Do drag binding over enemy team or give binding to tank so he can move that much faster.

Togekiss24 10-13-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethadind (Hozzászólás 30177257)
No one plays her because she's not a viable champ right now. She's underpowered and doesn't really have much of a use in the laning phase or teamfights. She can still get fed if she's played correctly, but she's horribly underpowered. Why gimp yourself when there are champions that can do things better than she can?

Elaborate on this. A mantra-charged shield and her binding is very good for supporting others in teamfights. Her binding in particular synergizes well with movespeed reliant champions like Hecarim or Udyr, and her shield deals both AOE damage AND protects a focused ally. She has a lot of potential in my eyes.

Goaticus Maximus 10-14-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tis a nice day (Hozzászólás 30168495)
Hello all, I just bought Karma today, but after 3 games im starting to consider selling her back. She's great during the laning phase, but she seems to fall apart in any other situation.

On paper, Karma seemed really good:

Passive which gave AP based on missing health
Two powerful AOEs and a potentially damaging W allows for fast pushing
Possesses a slow/haste
AOE Heal
Fairly good AP ratios
Possibly the most powerful non-ultimate shield spell in the game.

Yet I invariably fail with her every game.

Any experienced Karma players have some tips for how to play this champion?

It's not the champion...

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

doombotMECHA 10-14-2012 12:56 PM

karma is the game's hardest champ.
she is so rare in low elos that you may have to explain her to your team in the lobby---assuming they don't qdodge as soon as they see her