League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How do you counter lifesteal? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2671898)

Tempestphile 10-12-2012 06:32 PM

How do you counter lifesteal?

On a champ like ezreal in bot lane?

It's impossible, especially how much steriod ezreal has and how good he can kite.

Does not really need attack speed, all he needs is sanguine blade, trinity force and game over if your team doesn't gank him.

As a mage bot, do i have to build MET and then build frozen heart, so i get 45% cooldown on item and waste another slot?

ricedream5 10-12-2012 06:40 PM

Ignite. Also Thornmail basically makes no ad be able to 1v1 you. People hate on it, but it's actually really cost effective for what it does and also slot-effective in dominion because you won't fill your slots anyways.

Sauron 10-12-2012 06:45 PM

The answer is Thornmail. It should be built before other armor items when against autoattackers -- it does an amazing job for its cost. Ninja Tabis also combines well with it and more often than not, these two cheap armor items are all you need for defense in 1v1.

Of course, if you're Ryze or someone who relies heavily on mana or CDR, go for FH instead.

urmamasllama 10-12-2012 07:23 PM

ignite exec thornmail or morellos

weezcake 10-12-2012 09:25 PM

Ignite, thornmail, morellos, or executioner's calling.

ShawNuff 10-12-2012 09:34 PM

Probably the funniest build in the game is:

Annie with
Ninja Tabi, Thornmail, Void Staff, Morello's, DFG, Dcap.

Dat molten shield.

Tempestphile 10-13-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauron (Hozzászólás 30161277)
The answer is Thornmail. It should be built before other armor items when against autoattackers -- it does an amazing job for its cost. Ninja Tabis also combines well with it and more often than not, these two cheap armor items are all you need for defense in 1v1.

Of course, if you're Ryze or someone who relies heavily on mana or CDR, go for FH instead.

Thanks, that AD Yi today had no idea how he blew up

SCIENCE 10-15-2012 12:00 PM

The thing with Thornmail is that you'll also want some magic penetration (like the Void Staff mentioned in that Annie build). I've ran 60 pen + Thornmail on some APs when I was getting bullied around like Rumble vs Xin + Ez and I've done Tabi + Thornmail + Void in the same situation on things like Kat vs a team of auto attackers focusing me.

So how would that autoattacker champ you dislike counter your Thornmail? Answer: MR and more life steal be it a Executioner's + Negatron, Maw, Wit's End, etc (or even a melee with scaling MR and scaling MR glyphs). So unless you have the penetration, it's not going to save you by hurting them.

The other option is the ubiquitous Frozen Heart and Warden's Mail as life steal only works on autoattacks and these items slow down the enemies ability to autoattack. They're two of the strongest items in Dominion and almost a must on tanks vs a team with 2 or more autoattackers.

In summary:
Grievous wounds is an obvious counter. Thornmail is great on APs and tanks with the magic pen. Frozen Heart and/or Warden's is better on everything else. Don't forget though that high-life-steal champions are generally DPSers and can die to burst combos before there's even a chance to start gaining back lost health with life steal. They also can't life steal when hard CC'd. Most often these champs are carries that your team should work together to take down and you shouldn't be trying to 1v1.

AndersMMO 10-15-2012 12:11 PM

As has already been said, go Thornmail.

It may seem troll but I main AP and I see it done ALL the time (and do it myself). The main people I find myself doing it on are non-glass cannon assassins, EX. almost every time I play Diana you'll see it coming out as a 3rd or 4th item so that I regain my potential to 1v1 those irritating powerhouse bruisers like J4 Xin Panth etc.

Depending on what caster you're playing down bot, you since you'll be going thorn mail as opposed to building more flat AP, I would seriously recommend a build including an early guise and a page of Pen Marks and Quints otherwise the money allocation for the mail will put you behind nulling its original purpose.

Other big counter to LS that I haven't seen many other people mention is DFG. It seems kind of common sense and almost silly to mention but one of the best ways to deal with high LS is to straight global the opponent, if you are running someone like a Fizz, nothing quite ruins an LS stacking bot lane like a first item guise into Sheen into DFG. Your W's DoT already partial counters, your E allots you the gap close to ensure kill, and the DFG into W>Q>auto>ult>auto is basically a 100% guaranteed global on even the heartiest opponents (we're talking 100% to 0-ing 3 item Jayce's).

Anyways there's my 2 cents on the matter. GL :D

blackDAILO 10-15-2012 03:32 PM

Just had an ARAM game last night where I built tri-pen (Sorc Boots, Guise, Abyssal), flat out Mpen rune page Rammus with Thornmail.

Went against a Graves with 30 kills.

Dat taunt