League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why all the hate toward people that play bots? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2670319)

Koelio 10-12-2012 07:27 AM

Why all the hate toward people that play bots?

Just like the title says. Also, why such disregard for the opinions and ideas of those that play bots? It's used as a put down or as a way to invalidate someone else's point. Playing pvp doesn't make one more intelligent or better in any way, shape or form.

Yes, I play mostly bot games. I've done some pvp but haven't tried ranked at all. I play against bots for a couple reasons:

1. The other players in those games tend to be more relaxed, fun, and friendly.

2. In pvp people are so often putting each other down and "screaming" at each other. I play to chill and relax, not get all stressed like some others seem to.

3. Time constraints. I live in a household with small children. When they need something, it is often needed right away. While I prefer not to do this, it is more acceptable and less of a nuisance to my team if I have to leave my computer for a moment.

Just curious on your thoughts on the matter.

SSS Roikku 10-12-2012 08:09 AM

Honestly I don't hate the people that play against bots all the time. But the thing is, yes you will be better if you pvp. Players show much more strategy then bots, even bad players. Bots are preprogrammed to do something in a situation, a human isn't. Which makes pvp much more interesting to me.

But like I said, I don't hate people that play bots all the time, I just don't believe you can get the experience a pvp match would offer in the long run. But if you enjoy it, that's good. The main reason of playing a game is to have enjoyment.

GetLikeMe14 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Bots are great for practice and to try out new rune pages, but aside from that, they are too easy.

Grollm 10-12-2012 08:28 AM

The bots are too predictable. Even the "hard"bots are not hard. You know that the "hard"bots are going to blow everything to try to kill you, but they won't tower dive, they won't take buffs. They don't do things that real players would do. Playing bot games is good for trying new builds like loloynage said, but aside from that you don't really get to experience the game for what it is. If you want to pve you're better off playing other games, like Torchlight II I hear is a great game for PvE, or Borderlands II. You're kinda missing the boat here if you are playing this game and you are only playing AI.

Sir Bulldog 10-12-2012 08:30 AM

I do bot games to avoid jerks. When I solo queue it seems i always get pared up with some form of jerk. I only do normal games when i'm playing with friends.

ldealHero 10-12-2012 08:30 AM

I'm level 30 on my main account and ranked in the 1400's... but on this account I play about half bots half pvp. You meet a lot of chill people and are able to just have a blast playing the game.

It's not about the difficulty or the learning experience, it's about enjoying the time you invested. I play games to have fun and with the ELO about to be reset there are too many ragers in ranked so I'm just sticking to what I enjoy. I'm with you on this one, if you want to just play a fun game, bots have some fun peeps in it.

Mako 10-12-2012 09:52 AM

AI was never an original intention of this style of game, and it greatly detracts from the core gameplay.

Fighting trivial bots gives players false senses of strength, and causes agony for teammates when said player actually does queue a real game.

Trying something new in an AI game is totally fine, but outside of that, there's really no place for the mode.

thepantsparty 10-12-2012 10:16 AM

I play a co-op game almost every day with a champion I don't own that's free or using some troll build for a quick first win of the day bonus, and then if I have time I'll play some real games, but playing more than one co-op game/day would just be a waste of time.

Quote:

why such disregard for the opinions and ideas of those that play bots?
Because the "hard" bots are still idiots, and beyond a basic understanding of "this spell does this" there's basically nothing you can learn that will be useful against competent opponents.

KhaptainKhan 10-13-2012 04:21 AM

I think they'res hate towards players who play against bots because the majority of your gameplay revolves around competent bots and you always win gaining a false sense of strength and skill. So when you play a pvp game, in reality you're not that good against a real human player.

I play bots when i may only have 20-30minutes of time to play and like you said, the team doesn't mind if i leave during a bot game, or if i am trying out a new champion for the first time.

Malkontent69 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

I play almost exclusively bots, although I've been meaning to play more normal games now that I'm getting higher level. Personally, I play to relax and enjoy myself.