why does this game feel so pointless?
alli want is a fun, fair game. i just want to practice and get better, but no one seems to want to let me.
i just dont get it. i try my best not to get annoyed, pissed off, or flat out malignant at the actions of other players, trying so hard desperately to win. almost every single game, there is that one guy, his ego so far up in the clouds, that makes a huge fatal error, and blows the game for me. and if it's not that, i'm somehow always magically behind in farm or gold, even to people who aren't even making efforts to last hit. it just doesn't make any sense.
from the start of the game, you have these autolocking lane callers. they're usually the catalyst for failure in the game, usually i can tell right away, as they make comp choices that are -so- hard to work around, whether the champion be easily countered, has no lane presence, or generally don't work in that lane. (i.e. a draven trying to solo top.) god forbid you tell these people advice on how to win their lane opponent, or ask them to be more flexible, all you get is a barrage of vitriol about your mother, or repetitious vomiting of "u mad?" just not two games ago, i had this rengar who was adamant about finishing a trinity force first, while soloing vs jayce. he out right refused to get any armor, blamed the jungler, and allowed jayce to farm 3 major items before 20 minutes. gee, i wonder which team won?
then there are these nonsensical laning games, where people are performing adequately, but try as i might, even the most passive of enemies (who doesn't attempt to last hit, mind you) out farms me. it doesn't make any sense, even when i'm counterpicked, but have the dude on the ropes, they'll flat out refuse to trade or last hit to the point the lane goes to the turret. or they'll leave the lane, so i will too, and by the time i'm back, they've some how pulled a 20+ lead off of 1 wave. and don't get me started on stupid junglers who farm after failed ganks.
few games ago, i was top as kayle, against lee sin in a blind normal. even bullying him out of the lane, last hitting as much as i possibly can, what happens? idiot jungler ganks, and makes it fairly obvious. not only does the tryndamere fail to blow lee's summoners, he pushes my lane, not once, but 4 times.
then there's team strategy. you always get that one guy, who you can tell must always play solo queue, who thinks he knows best. they try to make horrible engagements, rather farm or buy items instead of push, try to baron with half the team... why? they don't communicate, and when they do, it's more insults.
how can i not be expected to fly off the handle at these people?! it's utterly ridiculous! wins lately come from enemy teams raging or feeding off the bat, and the game is rarely fair or fun, because of that ONE person who always bones us. i mean, even if i'm having an off game, which who doesn't, i still try my hardest. i don't afk, leave, or perform the quitter/dumb ass "gg" in /all when im thoroughly disgusted by my team.
i'm inhibited by lane callers
i'm inhibited by autolockers
i'm inhibited by feeders, trolls, afkers
i'm inhibited by poor team / lack of an effort to communicate(tion)
i'm inhibited by reasons i can't even comprehend when the enemy refuses to farm.
all i want is a fair, fun game, where i can relish in victory, and learn when i lose. not something that leaves me with a headache and wanting to uninstall upon seeing that glaring defeat at 20 minutes that the enemy clearly didn't earn. not something that leaves me blaring profanity after 15 minutes of being constantly assaulted and harassed, or trolled even with the mute button on.
why does it have to be this way? games are supposed to be fun...
if you're going to not even reply, why bother downvoting?
is there any point to playing video games in life
Play with friends or carry harder. If you can't do either of those things, then yes, this game will feel quite pointless.
Team games can be depressing.
Especially when they force you to play with those same random people for about an hour.
Either way you're killing time. Why not do it happily? I play on both NA and SEA servers, and believe me there are way more trollers on the SEA server. You just gotta have patience, and take it as it is. Sometimes the sense of accomplishment doesn't come from stomping your opponents, but being that good mediator in the team that brings out cohesive team-work.
When you can shrug off losing a game, and not over-pressure yourself all the time, it's so much more enjoyable.
OP seesm to have problems with bad/troll players and with controling his lane.
The first you can't change.
The second you can.
Even when I'm 0/3/0 in lane, i normally still hold up in CS with my enemy and can fight him (as long as the jungler doesn't gank again).
Last hitting and controling the lane is way harder than a lot of people think. There are a lot of things that chance the waves and how fast they push. And even only a small change to that can turn the whole thing aroud.
1. When you last hit, wait s long as possible. If ranged creeps are attacking that one creep, wait till they have their shots in the air, so that they will wast their whole AA on that creep. This will allos you to CS while you don't really push most of the time
2. Trade carfully. If you trade, the enemie creeps will hit you, what will not only deal dmg to you, but the enemie's wave will not deal dmg to your wave. Try to trade in the middle of the creeps or on your side if you don't want to push.
If you want to push, get a creep advantage, and harass him as often as you can win the trades. This will push the lane even harder.
3. Try to freeze the lane if front of your tower if you want to CS (but be careful to call MIA, cause the enemy may leave when you freeze there, going to gank other lanes or invading). Let the enemy have the bigger wave and only CS like normal. Don't let that wave get to your tower (block it yourself if you can take that dmg). Don't think you can AA or kill all the creeps with skills, only cause there are so many. The slower you kill them, the more they will kill your waves and the longer you can freeze the lane.
4. Pushing to reset the wave position. When you pushed to the enemy tower and he freezes in front of it you can try 2 things:
- go away and do something else
- push. don't let him freeze. he can't tank all the creeps all the time, so at some point he will let them get to his tower and he will try to CS there. Be careful that your wave will be dead before the new one arrives, so that both waves will meet in the middle of the lane again.
This can go the other way around and your waves under the enemies tower will stop the enemies new wave for some second, what is not that good. Here you can decide again what you want to do: leave or try it again.
5. permanent pushing: only good when you have enough vision to not get ganked (or you know exactly where the enemies are).
Against some champs you want to force them to CS under their tower, cause they are bad at it and they will lose a lot of CS if they go back once (e.g. Swain or early Cho). Don't do it against Irelia or others that have no problem CSing under their tower for a long time (and having sustain).
This often works with ranged champs (Vlad or Kennen top) that are able to poke the enemy under his tower, forcing him to leave after some time.
6. kill a wave very fast and go B. You want to go back at the right time to not lose much CS. And when you get back, you don't want to have a normal lane, and not a huge waveof your creeps stacked that are still pushing.
These are some basics in the lane for CSing.
If you don't understand them, ask someone else to explain.
If you want to know mor about laning and CSing, search. There is enough stuff you can find.
i know these things fine, ive topped out about 1700 before coming back from a break to find it at 1400. i just dont get why my best efforts arent winning the lane, even though i can oft times carry the good games being behind.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:07 AM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc