League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I want ward slot. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669677)

General Quackers 10-11-2012 10:25 PM

I want ward slot.

I don't mind boots being mandatory, picking mobility over other gear or w/e, that's cool. Most of the time, you spend the whole game with only 5 items slots to work with because you started with boots. Even worse though, good players spend the whole game with only 4 item slots to work with because they got their boots early and bother to ward.

So I think wards need a special spot outside of the main six item slots.

horrorTerrorist 10-11-2012 10:25 PM

I support this

Tyhan 10-11-2012 10:26 PM

It's specifically meant as a tradeoff so you can't full build and ward.

AlphariusRising 10-11-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhan (Hozzászólás 30138195)
They're specifically meant as a tradeoff so you can't full build and ward.

On the other hand, that trade off is not fun, especially for support players, who get the worst end of a lot of design decisions.

I don't know how many times I've left the base with a ward instead of all 3 parts of an Aegis of the Legion, because I needed the slot for a ward.

General Quackers 10-11-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhan (Hozzászólás 30138195)
It's specifically meant as a tradeoff so you can't full build and ward.

It pretty much only serves to force the support into buying all the wards.

Master of Shank 10-11-2012 10:34 PM

What if the support class has this feature and only them?

It could prevent ward spam on the map since 25 wards cover pretty much everything.(5 team members all with the said slot max 5 wards)

This is a very good idea, but like Tyhan said it is meant as a trade off(you just had to bring a valid point). Maybe a little tinkering around with it and it might develop into a nice something for supports since they suffer A LOT.

AlphariusRising 10-11-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair OR Bust (Hozzászólás 30138386)

It could prevent ward spam on the map since 25 wards cover pretty much everything.(5 team members all with the said slot max 5 wards)

This is a very good idea, but like Tyhan said it is meant as a trade off(you just had to bring a valid point). Maybe a little tinkering around with it and it might develop into a nice something for supports since they suffer A LOT.

How would you implement defining one persona s the support class? What if I'm AP Janna?

Prof Nekko 10-11-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair OR Bust (Hozzászólás 30138386)

that would not work due to the versitility of many champions.

Take Orianna for example, she is considered a support, but can also solo mid extremely well. So what criteria would be done to determine a "support" in our "support class only" idea?

Topsy Crets 10-11-2012 10:39 PM

It's been offered before. Most likely not happening. Oh by offered about a year or 2 ago.

Reptar 10-11-2012 10:40 PM

It has been suggested that this is the 21st point in the utility tree over summoner CD.

A 7th, "consumable" slot, pots, wards, elixers, oracles, anything consumable, this is mostly for supports, as almost every other champ in the game is more likely to go 21 offense, or defense, or a mix of 2 or 3, not 21 utility.

This allows supports to get more items, especially when working on something like an aegis takes up most of your inventory space