League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why don't we have a pause option (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669368)

Hummbs 10-11-2012 08:23 PM

Why don't we have a pause option

WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PAUSE OPTION. SERIOUSLY.

After joining a ranked 5v5 I got bug splatted. When I tried opening my game again a new update had been released and it wouldn't let me in. So for the first 15 minutes of the game it was a 4v5. If we had a pause button like Dota does we could have had the opportunity to wait so that the game wasn't lost from the beginning. Maybe this shouldn't be an option in normal games, but in 5v5 arranged teams and tournament games this should obviously exist. So why don't we have it? SERIOUSLY RIOT WE NEED A PAUSE OPTION!

Psychoholic 10-11-2012 08:25 PM

No but really. There should be one. :/

CGN Get Wild 10-11-2012 08:27 PM

Agreed ^

Light Air 10-11-2012 08:33 PM

I completely agree. There is no reason for there to not be a pause button in Arranged 5's.

DarthWhore 10-11-2012 11:37 PM

can you imagine a loosing team pausing the game and making the winning team wait 30 mins??

also the team who didnt pause will have to keep watching the screen to see when the game is unpaused or this feature will be abused during team fights etc etc

deirin 10-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth***** (Hozzászólás 30139381)
can you imagine a loosing team pausing the game and making the winning team wait 30 mins??

also the team who didnt pause will have to keep watching the screen to see when the game is unpaused or this feature will be abused during team fights etc etc

true....would be hella annoying...pause in mid of team fight or w/e...not knowing when it'll unpause...lol

Corner Warrior 10-12-2012 04:28 PM

Do you seriously not understand what would happen?

Other team winning? spam pause button
team fights going their way? spam pause button

Not ever would it be fun... We definitely don't need to make the games MORE lengthy

RAWRitsJ3zza 10-12-2012 05:53 PM

Look while I believe they need to do something for people that disconnect in a ranked game pausing the game would make it tiresomely annoying. If you pause the game someone else might go to say make a sandwich because they don't know when it'll come back on, then when he comes back the game had started ages ago and he's now underleveled. Plus it might go the other way and they stay at their computer for ages thinking it might only be five minutes but then turns out to take ten or twenty. Which is why i propose that if people disconnect or afk from the start the game should end in a draw because it can't relaly be counted as a win if it's 3v5.

Mich567 10-12-2012 05:55 PM

Riot could probably add a pause button only for certain situations, like right after updates for a short amount of time or when players go afk... really not sure how this would work though.

Cambrioleur 10-12-2012 07:18 PM

Could go the wc3 way of pausing and have a limit to pauses per player......

Not like spam pausing wouldn't be bannable anyways.