League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 15

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Forum For Military and Veterans! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2667247)

Revenantninja 10-11-2012 05:50 AM

New Forum For Military and Veterans!

Summoners,

I've just finished creating a forum specifically for military and veterans in order for us to effectively communicate and play League of Legends with one another. Most have seen my threat already asking for Military for ranked teams, and this takes it one step further.

The services are free on the site so come take a look and let me know what you think!

Regards,

Revenantninja

Revenantninja 10-11-2012 09:59 AM

Why is this getting down voted?

uyhou 10-11-2012 10:00 AM

Does a Counter Strike veteran count ?

Farrunner 10-11-2012 06:42 PM

I dislike anything that segregates the community. Nothing personal, sorry friend.

mogonk 10-11-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenantninja (Hozzászólás 30119279)
Why is this getting down voted?

You have to ask?

Revenantninja 10-11-2012 07:24 PM

There are sub communities within League. You may feel like you're justified in your opinion, which you're entitled to, but in truth I've found more veterans within the past week that have been looking for more people to play with than I've ever known to be around.

I actually found one guy that only had 8 wins as a lvl 30 because he didn't play pvp. Reasoning? He didn't have anyone that he really wanted to play with until we, the veteran community, showed ourselves. I've also had numerous vets tell me that the LoL community turns them off because of the immaturity. Which is what people portray with statements ignorant of a more universal perspective.

babyriots 10-11-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrunner (Hozzászólás 30132896)
I dislike anything that segregates the community. Nothing personal, sorry friend.

How does this separate the community? If you are saying that finding people with common interests and shared experiences is segregation, then any team with people you enjoy playing with is segregation. Give this guy a break, he was just trying to do something nice for the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect their countries. If you have a beef with that, then I pity you.

CARESKISWOWJKS 10-11-2012 07:30 PM

1/10

Farrunner 10-11-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyriots (Hozzászólás 30134171)
How does this separate the community? If you are saying that finding people with common interests and shared experiences is segregation, then any team with people you enjoy playing with is segregation. Give this guy a break, he was just trying to do something nice for the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect their countries. If you have a beef with that, then I pity you.

Finding common I interests is fine and I have zero problem with that. Creating exclusive clubs, on the other hand, is different. People dont like being left out or not allowed in because of something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do. No where, absolutely no where in my post did I say I have any "beef" with persons in the service, so let's relax here and don't go around pitying people. Simply put, why can't we all enjoy the game as a whole?

dumpweed 10-11-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrunner (Hozzászólás 30135534)
Finding common I interests is fine and I have zero problem with that. Creating exclusive clubs, on the other hand, is different. People dont like being left out or not allowed in because of something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do. No where, absolutely no where in my post did I say I have any "beef" with persons in the service, so let's relax here and don't go around pitying people. Simply put, why can't we all enjoy the game as a whole?

You should get out more.