League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Master Yi picked way too often. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2666181)

Westlin 10-10-2012 10:49 PM

Master Yi picked way too often.

Okay I personally think Yi is awful on dominion and it turns out he is one of the top ten most picked champs. This is a problems because he has a hard time getting to a strong point when building ad and when he is ap he can't function top unless he gets the reset. The only time Yi succeeds is bot AP with the goal of quick clearing the lane just to stalemate it. So anyways I wish people would stop picking Yi thinking he is really strong on dominion.

Edit: After reading some of the comments I am starting to believe that its not Master Yi who sucks but the typical person who plays him. As mentioned below some people are have success with him and I know he does well against other stall lanes if not ganked. I just wish less people who suck with him would play him.

Zulgaines 10-11-2012 05:17 AM

Hybrid top or AP bot works fine as long as you know what you're doing. I've turned around whole games many times with a well timed alpha strike quadra kill combo as hybrid Yi

AD is too outclassed by newer champs IMO, but the others have a kit that can be useful if you time things well.

Kiddalee 10-11-2012 05:20 AM

Yep, AP Yi has his counters, and people probably pick AD Yi in Dom because they never get to in SR. Maybe people are picking AP Yi to train up on him. He has his strong points.

Warrrrax 10-11-2012 08:49 AM

Thats interesting that you are seeing him a lot. Ive seen him a few times but its very rare. AP Yi is mostly laughed at. I thought he would be strong bottom with heal and alpha poke (esp since a minion wave = 3 dudes, leaving the 4th attack to hit the enemy champ), but he winds up sucking rather badly. I was extremely surprised by this revelation.
I'd lose and think "hmm, well guess X counters him", then lose 3 more and start thinking... "well ****... does anyone NOT counter yi?!?". Everyone seemed to have a way to screw him over.

TCWA Tigerbite 10-11-2012 09:18 AM

Yi becomes irrelevant in dominion around the starting point ELO. If people are picking him because they think he's good, it makes me sad. If people are picking him because he's fun to annoy people with his super scaled AP healing, then more power to them! Not only are there 2 summoner spells that counter him, but there are also cheap items.

LordofNarf 10-11-2012 09:18 AM

AP Yi bot is a pretty powerful option sometimes, and really shines if the bot laner doesn't have strong or reliable interrupts for Meditate.

The trap that many people fall into, though is building poorly and failing to maximize his damage. Tripen (Haunting guise, Sorc Boots, Abyssal) DFG, FH, Deathcap has been a build that has been working for me, as it maximizes CDR and Mpen, which is important for actually clearing the minions. I feel that too many people get too aggressive too early with AP Yi, which doesn't work on his bot lane until very late in the game (after deathcap).

If I had to hazard a guess as to why he seems to get picked a lot, it's probably because he costs 450IP, and nearly every summoner owns him.

Psi21 10-11-2012 09:19 AM

I have played AP Yi bot before I believe Nekrogen use to play him.

He is fun.

But I bet more see his damage potential in Proving Grounds and want to see if it works in other maps.

Kiddalee 10-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofNarf (Hozzászólás 30118307)
If I had to hazard a guess as to why he seems to get picked a lot, it's probably because he costs 450IP, and nearly every summoner owns him.

I think one reason why people want to learn him is to see why Nekrogen likes him so much.

Karaethon Cycle 10-12-2012 05:44 PM

Most people don't know how to play with a master yi on their team. Even if you can play yi well, you will probably fail in solo queue because you don't have enough support from your team.

Veni13 10-12-2012 06:33 PM

I'm probably 2k-ish elo, and I can't remember the last time I've seen a Yi, AD or AP. IMO, they're both pretty underwhelming in higher-elo nowadays.