League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rating system for Solo/duo is not fair (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2663502)

Ephixa J 10-10-2012 04:03 PM

Rating system for Solo/duo is not fair

So.. i do not think it is fair that i can do well in a game say 24-7 as ziggs or have 3 deaths and 19 assists as the jungler, or top lane and so forth, but there could be one or two people on my team who do terrible and my team loses and i get -20 rating for losing even though i am doing good. I feel that Riot should come up with a new rating system that rates individually for Solo/Duo. im currently stuck in the 900s because i lost like 6 games in a row and now i cant get out.

LeBlonk 10-11-2012 07:27 AM

It is a team game and you lose as a team. If they make it so ELO is score based, there would be ways to abuse this. There would be a lot more ksing going on and would ruin team dynamics even more than it already is. If you play mid try ganking a lane that needs help whenever your wave pushes out, camp a losing lane if you are the jungler. Point is, the people at your elo should generally be equally as terrible with the occasional exception. Over time if your level is above your current elo you should see an increase by winning more than you lose. Whenever i lose I don't look to others for blame even if they did terrible, think of what you could have done better, how could you have helped your team succeed more and carry those doing bad.

blazuh 10-11-2012 07:32 AM

Everyone complains about this, but if you truly think you don't belong in your elo, then you by yourself should be able to carry yourself out of that elo since those people are not at your skillcap.

JoDari 10-11-2012 07:46 AM

If you're 24-7 with Ziggs and you lose then you are bad.

Tanathalis 10-11-2012 08:17 AM

I somewhat agree, yes it is a team game, but it is a SOLO que. You cant always get a good team.

CiT0 10-11-2012 12:37 PM

i dont understand people that always say the go 13-2-4 and lose . if you are dominating your lane that bad you should be roaming into other lanes and helping out instead of being all about your ratio.

elo rating is fine you are what your elo says you are i have been playing for awhile now and have floated between the 1200-1400 elo for about 6 montns and realized this is what i am.

if you think you are better then you will be able to climb out

Fiveofswords 10-11-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CiT0 (Hozzászólás 30123112)
i dont understand people that always say the go 13-2-4 and lose . if you are dominating your lane that bad you should be roaming into other lanes and helping out instead of being all about your ratio.

yeah exactly...if you are focusing on yourself then its a sign youa rent seeign the bigger picture...obviously you are laning against the enemy teams weakest palyer, and failed to carry your team to victory unlike the enemy carry

when things start to go bad in a lane, it can often snowball...you gotta react before it snowballs too hard...its not always the fault of the person dying it might jsut be a bad match for them.
And i wouldnt say ziggs is the sort fo champ that has potential to win a game all by himself.

t0ad5 10-11-2012 12:42 PM

Some people are just too bad to be carried.

Edit:
Ahh just got out of a game where the team was too bad to be carried (our adc only beat the supports in farm).

A clue: 30 mins into the game - stop dying 1vs5. Do you not see the map? I don't understand how to help these people. I ask, in a friendlyy way, to stop, but the same 3 people keep doing the same crud causing us to lose.
it is easy: Wait. Win.

This is elo hell; people too bad to be carried. Not very competetive down here... whoever has least baddies wins. =(

I'm over being upset by this stuff... I'm just bored with it as I find the games to be consistantly disapointing... I really only want a game with competent people on both sides, but it is bad teams or opponents the majority of the time (elo hell). It gets old and boring. Seems the biggest challenge in ranked is not ranging at baddies you get stuck with. Wish, instead, that I could get a good game.

Here is to elo reset. May the disconnects/afk/trolls/baddies be stuck on the other team next season, so that I can get into a more fun elo (note: again, i wish this didn't happen to either side, I just tend to get short end of stick and it really screwed me over this season - at least I've learned to dodge obvious trolls instead of assume I can carry them when they don't care to win anyway.)

CrystalisX 10-12-2012 12:35 AM

People like you drive me crazy. Thinking that personal score in the game means anything. Yay you got a little gold for KSing your team really hard that they lack items to be of use. The game isn't who can kill more, it's about taking towers, inhibitors, and ultimately the nexus. So instead of saying how many kills you got ask yourself why you didn't destroy their nexus

phil002 10-12-2012 12:53 AM

I haven't reached 30 yet to play ranked, but I find it hard to believe all these posts about elo hell. If at the level you're at the guys on your team are too bad to carry shouldn't you expect the other team to have the same skill level? If the good player stuck in hell is that much better they should be able to get way ahead early and help teammates.

Also it bugs me when people post their k/d as proof that they shoulda won. I've had more than my fair share of terrible k/d games for one reason or another that we have won because of solid team play. I like to play support and tank and sometimes I forget that my early game sucks and I'll feed a little cause I'm too aggressive. But late game i can turn it around and be a big part of that final push. Id rather go 0/16/10 and win then 25/0/0 and lose.