League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   AP mid or ADC (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2663488)

xShizz 10-10-2012 04:01 PM

AP mid or ADC

So im thinking of playing either AP mid for my team or ADC.

For AP mid im prolly playing brand, katarina, and gragas

For ADC im prolly playing Draven Tristana and Vayne once i get 300 more ip.

Which should i play, which one is more fun and why? thanks in advance. Feel free to reccomend me champions aswell as tell me which lane is better

Kaylies 10-11-2012 03:17 AM

Hmm... I play as evelynn and she makes a good mid laner and also great for ganking with her stealth mode. That is my suggestion. She is AP if you needed to know. Good Luck!

SephĂŻroth 10-11-2012 05:30 AM

Brand is an uncommon pick, but he's very rewarding if you can learn to play him well.

Kat is really fun.

Gragas is one of the most solid mid champs, even after his nerf.

For ADC Vayne is very boring early-mid game because she justs needs to farm and kill steal.

Draven is an exciting champion who will drive you nuts because of his large skill cap.

Tristana snowballs so hard is ridiculous. She's very fun, and if you want to switch it up she makes a GREAT AP Mid counter. Her burst is just the same as LeBlanc's. Also if you follow her on Facebook, you get Tristana for free.

Friesguy 10-11-2012 07:16 AM

I'd suggest expanding your roster of AP and AD Carries. Learn Morgana or Karthus (2 stellar AP Mids), and for AD Carries, I'd suggest "Holy Trinity" of AD Carries: Ezreal, Corki, and Graves.

Corki is only 3150 IP and is a stellar ADC, so I'd highly suggest you get him in your arsenal if you're going for that.

And to answer your question of which role you should choose, just look at which role you find more fun. Or try and find another player for the team, and if they accel in one role, you can take the other.

LeBlonk 10-11-2012 07:28 AM

go mid because scarra

Raelze 10-11-2012 08:44 AM

Someone can't really tell you which is more fun, I honestly have no idea which role i like most(even support) Just play each role in draft to figure out which YOU like. Just to make it easier though:

Mid has lots of control over the game. They can roam to top or bottom lane and have the most resources with Blue Buff, wraiths, and wolves near. Mid tends to be more action packed early than ADC. There is a lot for AP to do in laning.

ADC tends to be 15 minutes of farm fest, occasionally getting ganks, or going for dragon. There is also a lot of pressure on AD later in the game as they do have to most potential to do tonnes of damage. If you are a passive player in laning phase, and prefer to farm rather than fight your opponent, you might like AD. There is also the issue of synergizing with a support. When I played AD for my team, my support and I just didn't work well together, and it wasn't optimal.(Oddly, when we switched roles we did well) Just keep that in mind, you need to be able to work with your support.

Fellentier 10-11-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiftSong (Hozzászólás 30088343)
So im thinking of playing either AP mid for my team or ADC.

For AP mid im prolly playing brand, katarina, and gragas

For ADC im prolly playing Draven Tristana and Vayne once i get 300 more ip.

Which should i play, which one is more fun and why? thanks in advance. Feel free to reccomend me champions aswell as tell me which lane is better

I think gragas is a strong pick, he can effect a team very heavily if played well, also, his roam is dangerous. Ever seen a gragas gank bot lane with caskulti+fatasscharge? It's quite devistating.

On the topic of ADC, I would say I enjoy tristana. She is under appreciate due to her lack of mid-game power, but she has quite a kick in her late game that can be devistating if you can survive to late game.

xShizz 10-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylies (Hozzászólás 30112545)
Hmm... I play as evelynn and she makes a good mid laner and also great for ganking with her stealth mode. That is my suggestion. She is AP if you needed to know. Good Luck!

hmmmm evelyn? I really didn't think about her because it seems like the only way she gets kills is by cleaning up fights or stealing the. She seems really bad in team fights

xShizz 10-15-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friesguy (Hozzászólás 30115665)
I'd suggest expanding your roster of AP and AD Carries. Learn Morgana or Karthus (2 stellar AP Mids), and for AD Carries, I'd suggest "Holy Trinity" of AD Carries: Ezreal, Corki, and Graves.

Corki is only 3150 IP and is a stellar ADC, so I'd highly suggest you get him in your arsenal if you're going for that.

And to answer your question of which role you should choose, just look at which role you find more fun. Or try and find another player for the team, and if they accel in one role, you can take the other.

ye i do play ezreal quite i bit just forgot to mention him. I don't really like corki id pick tristana over him anyway because it seems as though corki falls off late game unless he's extremely fed or farmed. I don't like playing graves because he is really easy and boring to me unlike ezreal and tristana who take a lot more skill to play.

xShizz 10-15-2012 04:16 PM

Well thanks guys i really appreciate your time into replying to my topic. I think im going to play ADC because it seems as though they have the most impact on the game and i like having responsibility. Ill main Ezreal and Tristana but still play all the ADCS mentioned before. Thanks