League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who's better for learning support, Ali or Leona? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662518)

Morrocc 10-10-2012 09:10 AM

Who's better for learning support, Ali or Leona?

Pretty much the title question. I've played Leona a few times before and did fairly well, but only because I queued with my friends (who are all much better than I am). Solo queuing support is the only role that I am truly uncomfortable with, so I want to start improving with a tankier champ. I can't land a clean skillshot for ****, so I don't really like Blitzcrank. So who do you guys think is better for a new support, Alistar or Leona?

MrHarz 10-10-2012 09:12 AM

Leona/Blitz aren't really support, they're a tank and a bruiser respectively, you put them bot to rack up kills for your AD. Leona also relies on her E and Ult to be effective, both of which are skillshots.

You can't really go wrong with Alistar, though he is banned fairly often.

Padagi 10-10-2012 09:13 AM

Neither?

Learn Sona + Taric + Janna, in that order, instead. If you can win with them, you can with with Ali. Leona I don't know because she is one of the 14 or 15 champions I don't deem necessary to even own.

Reallshotgg 10-10-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarz (Hozzászólás 30077597)
Leona/Blitz aren't really support.

wat?
soraka is a good start she isnt hard to learn, taric requires coordination with your lane partner more than skill, janna is harder than you would think to play (using your shield/poking effectively)

Dayblazer 10-10-2012 09:13 AM

Taric.. most forgiving support.

michelada 10-10-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarz (Hozzászólás 30077597)
Leona/Blitz aren't really support, they're a tank and a bruiser respectively, you put them bot to rack up kills for your AD. Leona also relies on her E and Ult to be effective, both of which are skillshots.

You can't really go wrong with Alistar, though he is banned fairly often.

u can't put blitz in a category cause he can be anything he want.

Ten Inch Rooster 10-10-2012 09:14 AM

I would have to go with Alistar on this one because you can heal back up if you fail in your initiation and pay for it with damage from the other team. I work well with Leona because when I'm her I sit next to my roommate who is the adc and can tell him when I'm about to charge in and stun. Without that knowledge the stun and root that you put out will be lost in reaction time of your ADC. Alistar can not only heal but also reposition the enemy if needed if the knock up chance is wasted.

A Swarm of Koala 10-10-2012 09:16 AM

out of those two, I'd go with leona. Alistar's easily the stronger of the two, but he's usually banned, or snapped up by the enemy team, so mastering someone you can't play is kind of pointless.

Lagginator 10-10-2012 09:16 AM

You should go with Leona, it will teach you to be aggressive as a support and you'll learn when to initiate with her ult. Both are important.

ZakaBreezy 10-10-2012 09:16 AM

Soraka