League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   No more same champs: My quest. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662331)

DaRatmastah 10-10-2012 06:57 AM

No more same champs: My quest.

Greetings, dominion community! One complaint I hear frequently from non-dominion players is, "It's always the same champs." SO! I would like to go about changing that! I honestly think more champs can be viable on Dominion than is currently expected, however I think it takes a person making a champ visibly awesome to get them the attention they deserve(for example, look at ezreal on SR 6 months ago vs ez now...yeeeaaaah).

So, I want to "main" an underplayed champ on Dominion, make them viable, and show other people and/or write guides.

SUGGEST ME A CHAMP!

AbsolutePK 10-10-2012 07:07 AM

Orianna
Fiddlesticks
Brand
Anivia
Karthus

Notice the trends? Squishy AP.

Yohnski 10-10-2012 07:50 AM

Wait, you hear people actually complain about the lack of variety in dominion champs over SR champs? All I've been getting for weeks is some combination of ez/blitz/malphite every game.

Anywho, Play Annie. Nobody plays her anywhere at all, so if you can make her work I tip my hat to you.

Hamm3rhand 10-10-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutePK (Hozzászólás 30075402)
Orianna
Fiddlesticks
Brand
Anivia
Karthus

Notice the trends? Squishy AP.

karthus actually works really well bot lane, mostly as a counter to nunu. it helps if your team top can keep them busy enough to not get ganked 24/7. if that happens and you get farm, and a couple of kills from ults its fantastic.

Orianna is really strong too - either top or bottom because of her range and damage. its just a higher skill cap on her but strong ori players are scary.

brand is a fantastic dominion champion. check out haifhearted's guide for an indepth look. but he is a powerhouse.

can't say much for anivia or fiddles as i don't have experience playing against or with them.

OP - karma, talon, volibear, and viktor are all champs that i think are very strong but underrated a bit at the moment. (karma is coming up in the world though). Trundle and renekton could work ok as well.

FDru 10-10-2012 08:16 AM

Twitch. Seriously. It fits your name anyway.

DaRatmastah 10-10-2012 09:21 AM

Orianna - Mebbe
Fiddlesticks - Mebbe
Brand - Haif's already got this, so even though i <3 brand I'm gonna say no
Anivia - Don't have her yet, but I've heard this before, I might get into this
Karthus - Already a solid bot laner(if a bit underplayed), so I'm not sure he qualifies
Annie - Definite possibility
Twitch - Blegh. I really hate his remake. I dunno, maybe.
Karma - HATE. CAN NOT PLAY. Plus she's getting remade so I'm not sure if it'd be worth it.
Talon - Maybe. I've taken him bottom lane before.
Volibear - I love voli. Taken him bot and top. Mebbe.
Viktor - Don't have him, never tried him, always wanted to

Any other suggestions?

AbsolutePK 10-10-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand (Hozzászólás 30076101)
karthus actually works really well bot lane, mostly as a counter to nunu. it helps if your team top can keep them busy enough to not get ganked 24/7. if that happens and you get farm, and a couple of kills from ults its fantastic.

Orianna is really strong too - either top or bottom because of her range and damage. its just a higher skill cap on her but strong ori players are scary.

brand is a fantastic dominion champion. check out haifhearted's guide for an indepth look. but he is a powerhouse.

can't say much for anivia or fiddles as i don't have experience playing against or with them.

OP - karma, talon, volibear, and viktor are all champs that i think are very strong but underrated a bit at the moment. (karma is coming up in the world though). Trundle and renekton could work ok as well.

He said an underplayed champ not underplayed and terrible for Dominion. I've played all the champions I've suggested besides Fiddle and Orianna and they have worked, but that was a long time ago before the bruiser meta. Do you see them at all now? Hardly ever, I've seen a couple Fiddlesticks but not a lot of the rest since they don't have much durability.

I'll admit I don't play Dominion all that often anymore so my knowledge of the current meta isn't trustworthy, but all the champs you've suggested (minus Karma) I've seen played quite a bit. They may be underrated but they're certainly not uncommon. Talon and Volibear were popular the last time I was actively playing.

What I'm saying is the only really underplayed champs have little durability and are fairly squishy AP casters. Veigar, Karthus, Brand, Annie etc. Ashe is possibly underplayed as well but Karma is probably the least played champ in Dominion of all time.

Going through the list, the ones I didn't often see are Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Fiddlesticks, Garen, Heimerdinger, Karma, Karthus, Kennen, Orianna, Sejuani, Shyvana, Trundle, Tryndamere, Twitch, Varus, Veigar, Vladimir, Xerath, Ziggs.

TCWA Tigerbite 10-10-2012 10:00 AM

I used to random every game. But after getting griped at by my team whenever I landed a "sucky" dominion champ, I got tired of it. Now I just play the newest champ (which usually tends to be OP. hehehe)

Tank Anivia is fun. I see Brand played quite a bit. Poor donger got replaced once the op bruisers started being released every other week. I haven't seen Shyv played in FOREVER.

Hamm3rhand 10-10-2012 10:03 AM

well that was what i was saying, i see brands all the time. The others are a bit rarer, but i know one guy who basically only plays ori, and while karthus is uncommon he certainly isn't rare for me at least. but i haven't had a voli in probably my last 50 games or so, and talons are very rare despite (imo) being one of the hard counters to kogmaw.

the squishy-ness of those ap casters is debatable, the best performers i've seen go a tanky-cdr route so they actually get pretty hard to kill especially with such long stuns. the glass cannon builds tend to have one assassin jump on them and then they are dead instantly, so they don't last long.

of the ones you listed there, the only ones i haven't seen recently are anivia, ash, kennen, sejuani, and xerath. all the others i've seen in at least one game in the past 50, and most of them multiple times such as twitch and garen.

daratmastah- don't pick trynd tho, according to the last 3 games of mine that he's been in, apparently playing trynd causes you to dc about 2 minutes in and never return.

AerosMacCousland 10-10-2012 10:23 AM

Vlad
Galio
Draven
Fizz
Renekton
Garen