League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   "Relax, it's Dominion" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662299)

Judas Priest 10-10-2012 06:23 AM

"Relax, it's Dominion"

Terrible teamwork? --> "relax, it's Dominion"
Suicidal 1x all atempts? --> "relax, it's Dominion"
Nonsense champion composition? --> "relax, it's Dominion"

It pisses me off when people try justify their poor decisions saying "relax, it's Dominion". This assertion is like a noob certification. Just because the map is Dominion it doesn't mean that there is no strategy in it. If you do whatever you want without thinking, you may end up screwing everybody's game.

Another assert some (unskilled) players say to justify their lack of skills and knowledge about the map is "whatever if we lose, Dominion is just about fun". I agree Dominion is about fun, actually all maps are about fun. But we have more fun when teamwork is great, champion pick synergizes and the fights are strategicaly arranged, rather than losing the match because one or two unskilled players don't know how to play this map and think there is nothing to be learnt.

So here is a message to all of those who say "relax, it's Dominion": Dominion is about fun, but just like the other maps, it has its own strategy and meta, it demands teamwork and it can be as challenging as Summoner's Rift, if you play it right. If you think Dominion is a map for doing whatever you want without thinking, then you should go read some tutorial before playing, because you are probably screwing everyone's game in every match you play.

Xyphion 10-10-2012 06:34 AM

Agreed. I'm not too fond of the "who cares if we lose" attitude in Dominion, considering most of my games played right now are Dominion. I take it just as seriously as if I were playing a 3v3 or 5v5 ranked. I think most of this could be avoided with level brackets - sort of the way you can only play ranked games at level 30.

TCWA Tigerbite 10-10-2012 06:35 AM

Unfortunately, those who say that don't visit these forums.

You should post it in GD and see what happens first. You getting called a newb for playing dominion or the topic being moved here. ;)

dxG Skumbagz 10-10-2012 07:03 AM

"People say its all about fun, about making fun. When I kill you, when I own you, who is having fun, me or you?" -Athene

Tempestphile 10-10-2012 07:05 AM

i am in that kind of trash elo too, carrying myself out has been difficult, mainly because i want to rotate the champions i play, and lacks focus after a couple games

On the other hand, if you want to carry yourself out, play bot, win bot

Divergence 10-10-2012 07:15 AM

Honestly this is how I approach Dominion.. I think it's kind of a fun lighthearted joke game mode. I play it the same way I do ARAMs. If you want a competitive fair environment just play 5v5s.

So yea, relax.. it's dominion.

Hamm3rhand 10-10-2012 07:15 AM

I will say that on occasion i will tell people to relax in my games. Usually when they are raging at one of our teammates about a build or action or something. The purpose is to get them to stop tilting and play, while also showing the person they are yelling at some support. I don't call dominion out specifically, I do sometimes remind them that this is a game though, and not even one that we get seeable elo for. The only point to playing is to have fun and improve my skills at the game, and while winning is fun, close matches where we lose can be fun too - after all someone has to lose. I would do the same thing in classic.

while getting emotionally invested in games can be good, I fail to see the benefit of demeaning a teammate (or opponent even) or getting so worked up that your play suffers (tilting). Positive suggestions and constructive critisms work much better at producing results.

not to say that this works all the time, a common response being "stfu n00b" but for the times that it does work it is very beneficial.

Orphane 10-10-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divergence (Hozzászólás 30075476)
Honestly this is how I approach Dominion.. I think it's kind of a fun lighthearted joke game mode. I play it the same way I do ARAMs. If you want a competitive fair environment just play 5v5s.

You are the reason why people quit Dominion after 4 games. I want you to take a dive into a pit of venomous snakes.

NamKim 10-10-2012 08:31 AM

"Relax, it's just a game. Who cares if we win or lose. All that matters is that we gave it everything we got and made the other team really work for that win."

"What, you suck at Dominion? Shut up and follow me, I need help and I don't have time for negative ****."

"****, this game is not going so well. You (guy who is doing pretty poorly) should backdoor a little bit. It's like trolling, but it's a legitimate strategy. Just be smart about it."

"It's just Dominion, who cares? The nine other players care."

"Score not important."

"Oppa Gangnam Style."

Pick your quote since I see people say "It's Dominion, who cares? It's not competitive" and fails to realize it is. Comparing Dominion and Summoner's Rift is like comparing American Football and Futbol. Both are good, but people have different preferences. Both are still very competitive and require a lot of time and practice to get good at. But in high school, you often only need that one super good player to win games. Once you get to college level, excluding a few exceptional people, everyone is at the level of the one super good player in high school.

The whole big fish in little pond thing.

I think the thing I wonder the most is why do people think it is okay to insult this game mode? I understand people who say Dominion is heavily flawed and can list reasons supporting their idea. They are sometimes wrong, but I at least respect them for it since they did put in time and effort to give a fair chance to Dominion and decided they didn't like it.

Infirc 10-10-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divergence (Hozzászólás 30075476)

SO people are allowed to troll in Dominion and say "is just Dominion" but do that in normals and it's a punishable offense tha's pretty unfair for people thata ctually prefer Dominion and i mean unfair, given that if you troll on any of the modes you are effectively ruining the game for four other people, no matter the game type, that prepotent attittude of yours is what in the first place makes people to stay way from Dominion because they will find just another prepotent guy just like you saying the same thing and ruining the game for you.

e if you treat a 5v5 normals a.k.a troll land seriously why not a 5v5 DOminion seriously?
and hasn't it ocurred to you that some of us enjoy Dominion more tahn 5v5, honestly if it wasn't for DOminion i would have never played mobas and woul have sticked to MMos, and i know this game back from Beta when Soraka had 1.0AP ratio and 10 seocnds cd on her W.