League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   My experience with Maokai, it's so gud. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2661995)

Man Hammer 10-10-2012 01:00 AM

My experience with Maokai, it's so gud.

Just a small bit, I have about 650 dominion games under my belt and have been going Mao bottom building pure tank and have batted around jayce/diana/darius and almost every ap thrown at me. Even after reading Saurons guide on him, is it just me or can Mao bottom be stopped. Late game dominion imo, Mao tank almost always pushes a 3v1 bottom. Just some thoughts or am I just in elo hell still

Glumduk 10-10-2012 01:24 AM

He aint bad. In certain match-ups at higher elo, best he can manage is freezing the lane.
Unless your team is smart and ganks bottom. That's where Mao's awesome CC comes in for a gank kill.

Man Hammer 10-10-2012 01:33 AM

Yea, I know what your saying and I cant find my elo anymore. I seem to do more than freeze the lane though. Just mao seems that hp5/tank is the way to go. I'm just curious because I can push well enough into there lane and just wait for a gank. I was Nunu bottom for a while but champs like gayce/diana just stomped over everything. i havent seen a bottom yorick in about 30 games....hm

MyDeadGrandma 10-10-2012 08:32 AM

I'm surprised a Jayce it getting threatened by Maokai; his toughest matchups while building tanky are typically heroes like kayle, jayce and Jax, carries who get high amounts of mixed damage as the match goes on.

Man Hammer 10-10-2012 11:34 AM

Hm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma (Hozzászólás 30075749)
I'm surprised a Jayce it getting threatened by Maokai; his toughest matchups while building tanky are typically heroes like kayle, jayce and Jax, carries who get high amounts of mixed damage as the match goes on.

Well, if I see jayce bottom. I start off with the first tier of Frozen heart into a Thornmail. The way I like to build Mao usually starts of with building stronger defensive stats depending on how many ap/ad they have. But always build FH/Thorn and usually thwarts any adc or hybrids like jayce

Sazdek 10-10-2012 11:55 AM

He's definitely one of the better bot laners and can usually stalemate if not push vs almost every matchup.

Man Hammer 10-10-2012 01:25 PM

What I am curious about is if I do build any ap, which item is ok. Roa or zonya.....or if any ap items??

Melvear 10-10-2012 01:42 PM

My usual Mao build is RoA, Abyssal, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Hextech Sweeper, and if for some strange reason the game goes on, Deathcap or Void Staff.

I feel that Mao, much like Amumu, really benefits from AP. It makes him not only an annoyance but also a threat. Going full tank usually turns you into a different version of Nunu. You're not going down, but neither is your opponent.

Man Hammer 10-10-2012 02:38 PM

Hm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvear (Hozzászólás 30082324)
My usual Mao build is RoA, Abyssal, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Hextech Sweeper, and if for some strange reason the game goes on, Deathcap or Void Staff.

I feel that Mao, much like Amumu, really benefits from AP. It makes him not only an annoyance but also a threat. Going full tank usually turns you into a different version of Nunu. You're not going down, but neither is your opponent.

Yea RoA, I used to build almost always. But now, I consider my core...and considering I dont think i'm in dom elo hell still, Odyn/FoN/FH...with a Thorn to boot and could not be stopped. I'm really considering going heavy Tanky Ap. Who knows and I do hope they make rated matches.

Lethal stoner 10-11-2012 10:24 AM

go ap tank and beast the whole map