League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Crit Plank/Tankplank or AD Carry Gangplank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660253)

Grollm 10-09-2012 11:37 AM

Crit Plank/Tankplank or AD Carry Gangplank

I usually build Critplank/Tankplank. I feel his damage potential is much higher building this way than building straight AD, but recently I encountered a GP that went straight AD(it was a blind pick 3s) and he beat me out of lane pretty bad. My normal build is Avarice Blade, CDR Boots, Crit Cloak, then Warmogs, Atma's, Infinity Edge, Trinity Force, then a Guardian Angel. How do you build your GP?

Porco De Chacho 10-09-2012 11:46 AM

tankplank all the way. you have a good build, but my build order is a bit different. boots > ninja tabi/merc treads > sheen > triforce > atmas impaler > warmogs > ga > IE

i play a mean gp and with this build come out on top either top lane or jungle more times than not

Grollm 10-09-2012 11:54 AM

How is GP jungle? I've never played him jungle, but I can see how it would be good. Global Ult, w for the chase, q for the slow. Do you have any stats you could share with me about his jungling? When I jungle I usually go Mundo, WW, Malph, or Rammus.

Porco De Chacho 10-09-2012 12:01 PM

gp jungle is beyond underrated. the beauty of him is his auto passive slow...removing the absolute need for red buff to secure early game kills. when it comes to ganking, (for example top lane) if they burn any cc spell they have to stop you....simply W and the chase continues. when it comes to his ult, its almost like you can gank 2 lanes at once. gank top and when bot gets into a fight just ult down there.
my build is: boots pots > wriggles > merctreads > triforce > warmogs > atmas > ga
you can start boots with GP because after you start blue you can spam W which helps tremendously early game jungling

Grollm 10-09-2012 12:05 PM

hmm nice I'm going to have to try it out in a normal.

RiftSong 10-09-2012 03:21 PM

Tankplank. Crit aint reliable, carry isn't very good on him. GP in my opinion can do multiple stuff but can't excell in anything. Theres much better picks than GP

Mich567 10-09-2012 03:47 PM

Y U NO HAVE PHANTOM DANCER?
I don't really play Gp, but it seems reasonable... by the way, I have a friend who used to only play Gankplank, and he played Crit-crit-crit-crit-epiccrit-epiccrit-plank... went all crit runes, most of his items had crit. He owned.

Fiveofswords 10-09-2012 04:06 PM

well you want gp to be kinda tanky or else you are just gonna be food for any decent player...dont try glass cannon gp...but anyway with some tankiness theres still room for some crit/ad jsut dont go overboard with it

probably part of your issue with the AD gangplank is that the items you get make your early game very weak...avarice blade and cdr boots? wait longer on the cdr boots at least. Probably start with doran item.

GroovySmoothies 04-04-2013 04:00 AM

My build
boots 3
Sheen/Avarice
Triforce
stattik shiv
IE
Phantom Dancer
Ghostblade

Mogs01gt 04-04-2013 04:39 AM

Straight AD GP will beat a Crit GP in lane. The point is to out farm him because your crit runes late game will give you more damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroovySmoothies (Hozzászólás 36363048)
My build
boots 3
Sheen/Avarice
Triforce
stattik shiv
IE
Phantom Dancer
Ghostblade

Carry GP sucks, he gets destroyed way to quickly in a fight.

My end game GP build:
mercs, TF, Atmas, IE, SV, Warmogs