League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened to Kennen? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660199)

volaju 10-09-2012 11:13 AM

What happened to Kennen?

Why did he disappear?

Because TSM stopped playing him? Because Genja hasn't run him AD lately?

I'm not being cynical I'm just not sure what happened to him =P I didn't notice any hard nerfs, maybe some hit under the radar or something but such a versatile pick suddenly fading out into obscurity seems odd to me. He functions as a top laner, a mid laner, and an ADC, and he's not exactly an unsafe pick in any of the roles, as well as adding legitimate teamfight power. Not only that but you can first pick him, and leave your opponents guessing.

Is he suddenly just too weak or something? Other laners just do the laning better?

Who killed Kennen?

Traksor 10-09-2012 11:14 AM

Exhaust did.

volaju 10-09-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traksor (Hozzászólás 30052327)
Exhaust did.

Exhaust annoys any champ, yeah exhausting his ulty is the proper action to take, but that's hardly the reason he isn't picked =p Exhaust wasn't randomly and recently buffed, where as he randomly and recently stopped getting picked.

Johnny Bravo 10-09-2012 11:36 AM

He stayed the same while they buffed others so now he is weaker in comparison but he is by no means a bad pick.

iMyung 10-09-2012 11:39 AM

Nerfs killed him. That range nerf was HUGE. To the point where people stopped playing him.

Chauster made a post calling Crumbzz a r****d, stating the nerfs didn't affect Kennen but actions speak louder than words.

Kennen went from top pick prior to the nerfs to 0 picks in the season 2 championships because of the nerfs.

iMyung 10-09-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HansVonBurger (Hozzászólás 30052869)
He stayed the same while they buffed others so now he is weaker in comparison but he is by no means a bad pick.

Riot hasn't buffed anyone due to power creep. Riot is more inclined to nerf champions than buff them.

volaju 10-09-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMyung (Hozzászólás 30052946)
Nerfs killed him. That range nerf was HUGE. To the point where people to stopped playing him.

Chauster made a post calling Crumbzz a r****d, stating the nerfs didn't affect Kennen but actions speak louder than words.

Kennen went from top pick prior to the nerfs to 0 picks in the season 2 championships because of the nerfs.

I can't even think of the nerf you're referencing lol, which patch was this, or idk, you mind telling me what the nerf was exactly?

Deko 10-09-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volaju (Hozzászólás 30052991)
I can't even think of the nerf you're referencing lol, which patch was this, or idk, you mind telling me what the nerf was exactly?

575-> 550 range decrease

Shiny Eevee 10-09-2012 11:42 AM

A bast... killed him. ;p
...That was terrible. Sorry.

Hieronymus Bosch 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

No real reason, he's just fallen out of favor. Still a great champ.

I suppose the fact that he requires a lot of micro-management and doesn't have as much damage as other APs, but meh.