League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot All Urgot Nerfs are immediately undone (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660069)

ALLIIAN 10-09-2012 10:08 AM

@Riot All Urgot Nerfs are immediately undone

What would happen to the metagame?

Honestly, we need counters. Intelligent counterplay has always been nerfed by Riot (example :Malphite top, solution, send a Kennen, Rumble, Vlad top)
The way you beat Urgot simple, either send a bruiser bot with a support, or dodge those Noxian Grenades. Lets look at Ahri.
-You get hit with Charm
Immediately, she throws all her basic abilities at you, and you lose 25-40% of your health
-Charm misses
You now can take her by the ears and kick her in the face for the next 10 seconds, because she can't set up her full combo for a little while

We need counter-play in this game to prevent it from stagnating, which with this meta, is happening. Lets allow intelligent counter play, and not nerf it into the ground because it counter the meta. We have counterpicks for a reason, after all. Urgot (rock) Carries (Scissors) Bruisers (Paper) Send a bruiser bot, Urgot becomes useless, carries get farmed, and you win because you though through your strategy and built a chain vest rather than a BF sword

Edit:No, Urgot is not an ADC
He does physical damage, but no, no, NO, he is not a freaking adc

About my Urgot
I own Crabgot, Butcher and Battlecast, and have been an Urgot main since he came out.
I always loved his playstyle, and the fact he could go anywhere but jungle or support (hmmm, I just had an idea)

Felaedor 10-09-2012 10:10 AM

Someone read my post.

I've honestly just given up. Riot balances around common lane matchups, because in a simplified game people want to be told how to play.

Shoopman 10-09-2012 10:13 AM

They nerf counterplay because often it is such a hard counter that it results in a massive snowball for one team. Also, bounceback is a big factor. Some champions can get beat in lane and still maintain and mid and late game presence, some cant. It has to be considered when adjusting counterplay to those champions.

ALLIIAN 10-09-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoopman (Hozzászólás 30050981)
They nerf counterplay because often it is such a hard counter that it results in a massive snowball for one team. Also, bounceback is a big factor. Some champions can get beat in lane and still maintain and mid and late game presence, some cant. It has to be considered when adjusting counterplay to those champions.

Honestly, one of the best carries in the game (Ezreal) bounces back really easily, due to how easy he picks up assists and kills from his ult (similar to Karthus)

He is also seriously bursty, so he just needs to kill the support a few times.

Count Bulletsula 10-09-2012 10:16 AM

Nothing would change because no one played Urgot in regular games before he was nerfed. Urgot was only nerfed because he was so good in professional level matches.

A J 10-09-2012 10:19 AM

Urgots win rate is so low now bc of the nerfs for competitive play

~40%

Felaedor 10-09-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Bulletsula (Hozzászólás 30051050)
Urgot was only nerfed because he was so good in professional level matches.

Urgot was only nerfed because the professionals became so obsessed with sending a support everywhere with their Ranged AD that they didn't counterplay the Urgot for MANY tournaments in a row.

Urgot + Support ****s on Ranged AD + Support. He ****s on it so much so that when M5 gave him an early blue buff and allowed him to solo lane, he still won.

Malphite (for example)+ Support ****s on Urgot + Support, and there are multiple Ranged ADs who are more than capable of solo laning.

Because the so-called "pros" were so afraid to switch what they were doing, this second level of counterplay never saw any action, and it's why M5 has dominated the Western LAN scene. They've proven themselves capable of second level counterplay. No one else has.

It's why the Eastern teams are starting to poop on the West as well. Level 1 Blue Buff Yorick in a top/bottom lane switch is able to MATCH CS and hold the 2v1 lane off his tower while the Western top gets zoned by the 2v1 lane and opens up a roam when the tower falls.

ALLIIAN 10-09-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Bulletsula (Hozzászólás 30051050)
Nothing would change because no one played Urgot in regular games before he was nerfed. Urgot was only nerfed because he was so good in professional level matches.

Lol
I own Crabgot, Butcher and Battlecast, and have been an Urgot main since he came out.
I always loved his playstyle, and the fact he could go anywhere but jungle or support (hmmm, I just had an idea)

King Cauz 10-09-2012 10:24 AM

picking a champion shouldn't win your lane.

Felaedor 10-09-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigqt (Hozzászólás 30051236)
picking a champion shouldn't win your lane.

You've got 5 options to go to that lane.

It's not Urgot's fault you're incapable of thinking about a different way to do it in the case of a normal matchup you know you're going to lose.