League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why do people think teemo mid is OK? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659950)

Sky Mence 10-09-2012 08:59 AM

Why do people think teemo mid is OK?

Seriously, only top teemo is viable at all. FFS, i killed him as Kass BEFORE 6 at mid yesterday. I dont even get why teemo is really this popular in normals. I think half of LoL are kids who only care about how cute teemo is, not how well he actually does in mid.

ULTRASRBIN 10-09-2012 09:02 AM

I just think that you played against noob teemo, because mid ap teemo hurts, mostly because of shrooms

Porco De Chacho 10-09-2012 09:05 AM

ap teemo is strong mid to late game but squishy and weak early game. the key to being successful is wait till you are lvl 6 before you start fighting, otherwise almost all ap carries beat him early game

Quick Rawr 10-09-2012 09:05 AM

Just because you beat a baddie in a matchup that should have been difficult for you to win does NOT make something not viable.

AP Teemo can carry, hard. His shrooms are very nice, but even without them he is spectacular in his damage output. He's got great nuking power, utility on his Q and DoT that really packs a punch.

I beat Rengar top once, but I would never claim that he was not viable, just the person playing the champ did so poorly.

Omfg Devin 10-09-2012 09:06 AM

Clearly you haven't played against a good teemo. If you're kassadin and playing against a teemo, if he isn't zoning you out pre 6, he's just not good with him. Deathfire grasp deathcap lichbane combo one shots most people. He is a strong mid.

mistmann 10-09-2012 09:07 AM

sumo teemo, see it in the next patch!

teemo is a great mid, ill 1v1 and let u know ill take teemo. we will see if its not viaable or skills

Omfg Devin 10-09-2012 09:09 AM

And also, AP teemo excells in his early game. The entire point is to harass in between last hits. Which is incredibly easy pre-6 because he isn't mana dependent to do that. Don't force a fight 1 vs 1 vs their mid until you're blinding auto attack ignite will kill them. And not to mention he's fast. If you can't dodge their skills shot (for example brand, syndra, lux, gragas, orianna etc..)then you shouldn't be playing teemo.

thepantsparty 10-09-2012 09:52 AM

Playing AP Teemo is fine - after the buffs he got a while back it's a much more legitimate build - but he's still awful in mid. His blind is mostly worthless against enemy mages, and being ranged in mid doesn't give the same advantage that it often does in toplane. By playing him mid you're also denying the team a ability to have a different mage there who can roam better - while Teemo has good speed around the map, he doesn't have much actual roaming power because his shrooms require pre-planning and setup.

Cheap0 10-09-2012 09:59 AM

I'm not so sure it's because people think Teemo is good (though maybe they convince themselves of that). I think it's probably because of the mushrooms and because he's cute. And he has infinity skins. And that's about it.

Quick Rawr 10-09-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepantsparty (Hozzászólás 30050546)
Playing AP Teemo is fine - after the buffs he got a while back it's a much more legitimate build - but he's still awful in mid. His blind is mostly worthless against enemy mages, and being ranged in mid doesn't give the same advantage that it often does in toplane. By playing him mid you're also denying the team a ability to have a different mage there who can roam better - while Teemo has good speed around the map, he doesn't have much actual roaming power because his shrooms require pre-planning and setup.

Teemo's Harass is quite rediculous. Level 2 he does ~200-250 damage in an aa/Q/aa combo which takes less than a second to pull off and you can do in the middle of minions making their skill shots useless. You can repeat this harass every 8 seconds and doesn't drain his mana big time. He is quite hard to gank, and gives you massive map control as well as DoT that is unparalleled. You get shrooms set up correctly and initiate teamfights in the right place, and it's gonna hurt. Oh, and shrooms give the AoE damage to their whole team if they're together when they step on one.