League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Which Lane? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659835)

FaceRoll13 10-09-2012 07:39 AM

Which Lane?

O.k. I'm starting to get the hang of which key to press, movement, etc.
But, as far as which character goes in which lane, I have no clue.

Does someone have a list of the different characters' primary and secondary lanes according to the meta, as well as which lane if any, should be avoided?

Sereg Anfaug 10-09-2012 07:45 AM

If you're playing Blind PvP or bots, there really is no meta. It will become clearer as you play more, but right now it will be dependant on where your teammates decide to go.

However, for future reference, Top lane is generally a bruiser, meaning he can deal a reasonable amount of damage and still be durable; Mid lane is usually an Ability Power Carry, meaning his focus is on doing as much damage with his spells as possible; Bottom lane is a Ranged Attack Damage Carry, who maximizes the damage of his autoattacks, and a Support, who generally avoids last hitting, and builds gold generation and aura items so he can ward and support his team without taking their income. Jungle is what allows Top and Mid to be solo lanes, and can be built several ways, whether an Assassin, a Bruiser, or a full Tank.

Creepy4 10-09-2012 10:28 AM

Sereg Anfaug explains it well.

Are there any particular champions you'd like to know about?

Legolas7 10-10-2012 05:29 PM

Creepy, please can you tell me in which lane have to be Akali and Lux? thanks :)

ACGIFT 10-11-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legolas7 (Hozzászólás 30091871)
Creepy, please can you tell me in which lane have to be Akali and Lux? thanks :)

Akali, given her melee autoattack, comparatively high raw DPS and decent "effective HP," is an assassin class that, being an AP cast-type assassin with the range to handle it, can often be found in mid-lane.

Lux is an high-AP caster who winds up being suitable for BOTH going mid, or taking on a support role in bottom.

Kaylies 10-11-2012 04:10 AM

The players on this game select their lanes because of either their champions attacks or builds. Champions can differentiate between two lanes at times. The middle lane is mainly a hotspot for long-distance attackers to start off with OR assassins. Assassins are those who will move into other lanes normally to kill a targeted player or if that lane is missing a player. So, select your lane(s) basing on your champion. The closer the match is to the finish, the less worry you have about what lane. If i were you i would start off asking questions and following into lanes that don't have a player or is missing one. Hope this was helpful!

FaceRoll13 10-12-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creepy4 (Hozzászólás 30051342)
Sereg Anfaug explains it well.

Are there any particular champions you'd like to know about?

How about someone like Kayle?

I've had more success at top and mid. The match ups don't go so well at bot.
Mainly because she's not really ranged, and she's a hybrid.
But I'm still playing beginner bots, so we win anyway.

I was hoping that someone would have a cheat sheet for all champions, or an extra checkbox on a web page, similar to the ones that have checkboxes for ranged, melee, tank etc.

AJStarhiker 10-12-2012 05:36 AM

The tag codes don't always match well with where a champion does well in the current meta. For example, Teemo is listed as a support, but right now, you see him mostly as a counterpick to certain top lane champions (counterpick is when, in draft games, you see an enemy pick a champion and you pick someone that naturally does well against it.)

It takes time to learn.