League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New to LoL, streaming from Hawaii, attempting lv 2 to 1500 elo before season 2 :) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659672)

ShiroiSuisei 10-09-2012 05:13 AM

New to LoL, streaming from Hawaii, attempting lv 2 to 1500 elo before season 2 :)

So yeah! I'm from Hawaii and have always been interested in LoL! Little hectic time for season 2 to end with it being midterm season, but I was told a free skin is on the line if I can hit 1500 elo before the season ends haha.

Just wanted to share my stream and break into the community! You can find my stream at www.twitch.tv/shiroisuisei :) I'll be streaming regularly when I have time, which is almost on a daily basis. I'll post a schedule when I can figure out how much I can dedicate to playing, but check early evening PST MWF and earlier in the day to night on Tues/Thurs!

I'll be sharing my experiences from other games as I learn LoL and hopefully can become a competent player with time. Starting off AP Mid with Ahri and will branch out eventually, so I'll need the feedback t.t Come say hi, give me tips, etc. :D

Thanks for reading!

Sereg Anfaug 10-09-2012 06:55 AM

Unless you're a very quick learner, a skilled player in similar games, and able to invest heavily in the game, I don't recommend trying ranked fresh off level 30, because you will not have enough champions, runes, rune pages, and game knowledge in general to do anything other then drop ELO and drag your better teammates down with you.

If you're all of those, then I recommend purchasing champions with RP only and maintaining a constant IP boost, and channeling all of your IP into rune pages and runes. If you do this, you might just have enough when you reach 30.

You should also start playing Normal Draft games as soon as you can, so you have as much time to get used to the meta and how other people play as possible.

Again, keep in mind this advice is only if you're already good at this type of game, a quick learner, and able to throw lots of money at the game. If you're missing any of those, this will not work.

ShiroiSuisei 10-09-2012 07:41 AM

Hi Sereg, thanks for the tips.

I like to think of myself as a deep thinker, which enables me to pick up new things and I'm primarily a DotA/2 player. Since I'm trying to stream this, I'm spilling my thoughts constantly on my thought process and trying to analyze what goes wrong and what goes right.

I really appreciate the tip on normal draft games--haha didn't even realize it was an option, assuming it was something I got to later. And I like the idea of funneling the IP into rune pages and runes--I received similar feedback from other LoL players.

I'll play draft from now on--thanks for the tips and hopefully viewers who decide to check in on me can critique my thought process and how I adapt to the game.

Thanks! Got what, two more weeks or so? :D

Sereg Anfaug 10-09-2012 07:49 AM

Draft does require a certain number of champions(16 if memory serves), so it usually isn't an option until later. However, if you're purchasing champions with RP rather then IP, then you can reach that number alot faster then if you were buying them with IP earned from your matches.

ShiroiSuisei 10-09-2012 07:55 AM

Hah yeah I just noticed it. I'll pick up draft in a few levels then. I plan on purchasing a few champs, but I was discouraged from buying the bundles at the moment. I still want to consider your earlier tip of using IP for runes and such though, so I just gotta plan it out a bit.

ShiroiSuisei 10-09-2012 11:12 AM

I'll be streaming today (Tuesday) maybe around 430PM PST!

ShiroiSuisei 10-14-2012 05:41 PM

Woops haven't been bumping this heh. Anyways, one week later and I'm only level 11, gotta pick up the pace! Streaming now and well into the night, www.twitch.tv/shiroisuisei
Come say hi, critique me, or just come and chill! :)

ShiroiSuisei 10-15-2012 10:19 PM

Starting a little late tonight. Turning on the stream in a few min, going to play for a good amount. Finally got flash, though 1500 in 9 or so days seems ._. lol come say hi!

Zer0Limit 10-16-2012 10:40 AM

I don't think you're gonna make it lol. 1500 ranking is not exactly easy to get to especially if you're not even lv 30. I'm also from Hawaii so thats kinda cool.

fastplay 10-16-2012 04:14 PM

@Sereg Anfaug you could get away with two rune page if you set them up as general AD and AP page since most AD jungle, and some ad tank/ tanky champion can get away with it and it also they are some adc too only thing with it and you have to know some what you doing to pull it up. and it can cover most role like ap with mpen and amour/ mr can do well with some ap and support with the general ap page. I would say have a min of three rune page and 5 to 7 mastery page before you do rank.