League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I went from 1300 to 1500 in a week after picking up AP Eve AMA (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659637)

Apollo Starling 10-09-2012 04:25 AM

I went from 1300 to 1500 in a week after picking up AP Eve AMA

September 12th, season 2 rewards are announced, elo history is wiped, current elo becomes top elo. I'm 1300 elo at this time.

I started tryharding my ass off with the champs I had the most experience and luck with (Viktor mid and Kayle top). I put on my happy face, I ask nicely for the roles I'm good with in champ select, but fill in when I need to.

I work hard to improve my game. I've never been good at csing, but I try to get better, every game I'm giving every single last hit my full effort.

I ward my lane. I ward other lanes. I ping, I call mias.

I win my lane often. But often times, either top or bot lane ends up feeding, and that lane snowballs harder than I can snowball, and we lose.

I have ups and downs, winning and losing streaks, but ultimately, I go nowhere.

October 2nd, I'm 1300 elo.

I notice AP Eve has been pubstomping my team every time I'm in a game with or against her, I see forum topics about it, I decide to pick her up as my last desperate attempt for gold.

I never win lane with her.

I never win lane with her.

But I keep winning games. Bot lane failing? No problem, I just wander down and gank em at level 3, then again at 6, then again at 7 and 8 and 9

Top lane failing? Same situation, wander up, gank em a half dozen times

Lose mid tower? no problem. Enemy mid freefarming? They have triple my CS? No problem, I still one-shot em before they can react.

Something seems wrong here

I'd almost feel like I didn't earn gold if I didn't pass so many smurfs and duos and elo jobbers to get there. Hey, at least I got there honestly, even if it was on a champ that took effectively 0 skill to roll face with.

Shizoli 10-09-2012 04:36 AM

She is silly.

a tiny ant 10-09-2012 04:45 AM

AP Eve is a free Elo machine right now.

Enjoy it while you can.

I ban Eve every chance I get.

Apollo Starling 10-09-2012 04:46 AM

It's such a complete turnaround from everything I thought I knew about this game.

Winning lane, last hitting, none of that matters. I hate the last-hitting mechanic and how important it (supposedly) is, and I tried hard to improve, and it's just completely pointless. When I'm eve I don't have to give any thought to last hitting, or defending my tower, or even playing safely.

I'd routinely give up early kills to the enemy mid

But once I get my DFG I still one-shot them, no matter how many kills and how much farm they have, then I just continue to kill them every 60 seconds

It's not even like she does more damage than other mages, she doesn't. ANY mage can instakill a squishy with DFG and their ult.

But Eve can do it first, before you can react to her presence. That second or two makes all the difference in the world, more difference than all the kills and farm and towers and map control, and anything in this game makes apparently.

Razy6trix 10-09-2012 05:02 AM

shes op because

Jaden 10-09-2012 05:08 AM

I want to downvote you for what you did, but I upvoted you because of how painfully obvious the choice is to do in order to get free elo, and you aren't the first and won't be the last so....more power to ya.

Tunoko 10-09-2012 05:13 AM

You're fighting **** people...

I absolutely annihilate eve at my elo in lane to the point that she has no gold to get anything with, and I make sure people buy pinks.

When they try to punish me for downing their tower, it's just a free kill.

Then again, that's swain for ya

Blaine Tog 10-09-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo Starling (Hozzászólás 30045783)
But Eve can do it first, before you can react to her presence. That second or two makes all the difference in the world, more difference than all the kills and farm and towers and map control, and anything in this game makes apparently.

That's why pink wards are so important. I have no idea why everyone is so opposed to them. When I play Eve, my opponents never buy pink wards. When I play against Eve, I have to run my fingers raw reminding my allies to buy pinks.

XXdasonXX 10-09-2012 11:17 AM

no she isnt

Quote:

Originally Posted by a tiny ant (Hozzászólás 30045768)
AP Eve is a free Elo machine right now.

Enjoy it while you can.

I ban Eve every chance I get.

She gets countered easily by katarina and several others, and pin kwards stop her roam

Epjest 10-09-2012 11:20 AM

*chuckles*

Yea... that's how a lot of champions feel....