League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Morgana and Zyra (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2658373)

3mptylord 10-08-2012 05:08 PM

Morgana and Zyra
 
Is there any relation between Blackthorn Morgana and Zyra?

It is said that Zyra encountered a sorceress, and as she set to consume the sorceress she was filled with visions. Zyra then manifested in the body we see on the Fields of Justice, but was the sorceress Morgana? Perhaps Morgana survived the ordeal through a transformation of her own, into Blackthorn Morgana; or maybe she intended for the union, so that she could absorb knowledge from the forest in the hopes to finally gain the upper hand over Kayle?

You can't deny that Zyra and Blackthorn Morgana bear striking resemblance: same skin color and even the same style of "clothing" (aka, foliage).

Adriek 10-09-2012 04:29 PM

Zyra took over the sorceress's body. So she is actually the old sorceress with a plantlike upgrade of sorts

Renekton Bot 10-10-2012 01:13 AM

What Adriek said. Morgana didn't like how uppity that flower was getting, so she decided to take over some plant's body in return.

Trolosaurus 10-11-2012 07:20 PM

Riot says skins aren't canon

3mptylord 10-12-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriek (Hozzászólás 30060264)
Zyra took over the sorceress's body. So she is actually the old sorceress with a plantlike upgrade of sorts

Really? That's not the impression I got from the lore, unless you read it elsewhere. Zyra's species eats organic life; and her lore only says that she created a vessel based on the sorceress' knowledge... it doesn't say anything about possessing the body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyra's lore
Using the woman’s memories, Zyra poured her newfound magic into the creation of a human-shaped vessel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolosaurus (Hozzászólás 30133981)
Riot says skins aren't canon

So?

Cerubois 10-12-2012 05:38 PM

From my interpretation:

Zyra ate a summoner. Not possessed, but consumed. From this summoner, she gained magic, memories, knowledge, and the power to recreate herself in human form.

Also,

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3mptylord (Hozzászólás 30157842)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolosaurus (Hozzászólás 30133981)
Riot says skins aren't canon

So?

So... skins aren't canon. 95% of them don't have a story behind them. Especially not ones that involve a champion being eaten (otherwise there would be many, many skins of Teemo being devoured by Cho'Gath).

3mptylord 10-14-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerubois (Hozzászólás 30159589)
Zyra ate a summoner. Not possessed, but consumed. From this summoner, she gained magic, memories, knowledge, and the power to recreate herself in human form.

Fair interpretation.

Quote:

So... skins aren't canon. 95% of them don't have a story behind them. Especially not ones that involve a champion being eaten (otherwise there would be many, many skins of Teemo being devoured by Cho'Gath).

That wasn't a "so what's your point?", that was a "so what?". Who cares if it's not canon? The lore between Battlecast and the Resistance is still interesting regardless of canonicity.

LordHippoman 10-14-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3mptylord (Hozzászólás 30217948)
Fair interpretation.




That wasn't a "so what's your point?", that was a "so what?". Who cares if it's not canon? The lore between Battlecast and the Resistance is still interesting regardless of canonicity.

There's Lore between those? If so, Caitlyn is royally screwed.

rajeetmalarkey 10-16-2012 12:50 AM

Now here's a question; is there any relation between Blackthorn Morgana and Varus? Both their snares have almost the same particles.

Swift Hikari 10-17-2012 03:34 AM

We seem to be getting away from the fact that Riot said "skins are not canon", which leads me to assume that the lore would be based off defaults.
Further, Morgana's only real connection, blood or otherwise, seems to lie with her 10,000 year war with Kayle, being the rebellious sister she is.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:13 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc