League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   DominateDominion.com Version 2.0 Released! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2658318)

DG TheFeedski 10-08-2012 05:52 PM

DominateDominion.com Version 2.0 Released!

Hello everyone,

I am very happy to announce that DominateDominion.com version 2.0 is now live and complete with a user-friendly guide system with clickable skills, masteries, runes, items, and summoner spells! You can now write guides with much more ease and even rate other users' guides! For more information on who to create guides for DD, click here.

Aren't familiar with DD? Check out what else we offer!

• Dominion News/Articles
• Weekly Dominion Tournaments
• Forum
• Recruiting Center
• Scrimmages
• And more!

Whats To Come:
• Improvements To The Guide System
• Free Agent List
• Top 5 Dominion Plays of The Week
• Want to see a feature? Feel free to suggest it!

Big thanks to Gabrola from LoLmatches & Digikid13 for the help!

Phourc 10-08-2012 06:16 PM

New site's finally up? Grats!

DG TheFeedski 10-08-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phourc (Hozzászólás 30032707)
New site's finally up? Grats!

It's kinda been up for a bit, but now the guide system is finally complete. But thanks. :D

NamKim 10-10-2012 02:41 AM

Suggestion:
-"Featured Champion of the Month"

Goals:
-Increase site views
-Regular release of guides
-Possibility increasing DD popularity and influence
-Encourage players to expand their character roster
-Possible idea for the DD Stream

Current Issues:
1) One of the major complains among Dominion fans is "I see the same champions every single game."
This is a problem that is seen in all the elo's.
Low Elo: Most players lack the knowledge/skills to really counter high tier champions so it is easy to "faceroll" with these champions
Mid Elo: Players feel the need to play these champions to counter the high tier champions the other team may have.
High Elo: I know the problem exist but not being in high elo, I cannot comment.

2) Lack of a reliable source of guides
I do not trust most League of Legends guide sites when it involves Dominion.
While they may be good for SR, I feel that even I have a better understanding of Dominion than some of these guides.

3) DominateDominion lacks guides
At least the last time I checked. That may have changed now. I consider DominateDominion one of the largest organized Dominion communities in the NA server.
It is very important for DominateDominion to have a library of good quality guides.
If I find people wanting to get into Dominion, I want to tell them DominateDominionn.com is the best source of Dominion guides.

Featured Champion of the Month
My desire is to find a solution that can help solve all three issues.

Featured Champion of the month is just what it sounds. DD picks one champion (preferablely one that is not popular but very viable) and write a guide for that champion.
They should also advertise that champion on their site.
The goal is to encourage Dominion players to try something new and see if they like it.

Suggested Method of Execution
Assuming you think is a good idea, I would just like to give a suggestion on possible execution of this.
The goal of this is to encourage the use of other champions while also having a regular release of guides on DD. This will eventually create a "library" of Dominion guides on DD.
Of course DD should not be limited by these guides and others should write guides as well. But the "Monthly Featured Guide" should be very well-written and helpful to players of all skill levels.
In a way, the "featured guide" sets a standard of writing a guide on DD.
The champions picked should still be very viable, but not incredibly popular. If you pick a champion that performs very poorly on Dominion, then it would discourage rather than encourage.

-Respectable Dominion player(s) should pick a champion that fits the description above.
-*The player should actually play this champion several times to make an accurate guide.
-The guide should be written and proof read to have relatively good grammar and flow.
-If other respectable Dominion players could read over it to make sure it is good would be awesome.
-Release the guide and advertise it as the "Featured Champion of the Month."
-Repeat next month.

*I had a crazy idea that maybe the "data gathering" part could be done by some of the streamers.
This creates a sort of "guessing game" in figuring out the next "featured champion." This could potentially increase viewers on the stream.

Conclusion
In conclusion, this is only one suggestion out of many possible ones. This is something that would take a lot of time and effort to make work so I understand if it is not a plausible idea.

If you could take one thing from this post, it is to find some way to regularly release good quality guides.
Also find a way to expand Dominate Dominion's influence. The stronger DD's influence, the more likely it will be for Riot to give Dominion attention.

I also apologize if this post had bad formatting. Since this is a relatively large post, I wrote it in Notepad++ to prevent it from getting deleted by accident.

innervation 10-10-2012 03:09 AM

Am I bad because I like FoN and sunfire on my hecarim? (after t force ofc).

Also cool site (:

TCWA Tigerbite 10-10-2012 07:40 AM

I always read it as Dominated Onion. No idea why since I've been around it forever now. XD

Also, when are we going to see a top 5 plays?!

Sakuri Ono 10-10-2012 08:16 AM

How about some 'Low ELO' and 'Mid ELO' Dominion streams just to fill out the schedule? :-P No offense to the people who work hard to bring streams to us already but the total number is really kinda sparse with the stream times all over the place. Filling out that schedule should be a top priority just to help maximize accessibility to Dominion. (24/7 streams like SR offers is a bit too much to shoot for; but 7 days a week would be a great starting point.)

NamKim 10-10-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono (Hozzászólás 30075491)
How about some 'Low ELO' and 'Mid ELO' Dominion streams just to fill out the schedule? :-P No offense to the people who work hard to bring streams to us already but the total number is really kinda sparse with the stream times all over the place. Filling out that schedule should be a top priority just to help maximize accessibility to Dominion. (24/7 streams like SR offers is a bit too much to shoot for; but 7 days a week would be a great starting point.)

Who knows, maybe someday it will get enough views so they will get free stuff to hand out of viewers ;)

Dominus Arts 10-10-2012 01:06 PM

Will You be adding stream support for own3d.tv in the near future?

Genericke 10-10-2012 01:38 PM

The website looks really good :). I'm tempted to write a guide.