League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 39

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2657865)

MadKingThorn 10-08-2012 02:03 PM

Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

Thats right just hit plat playing only shaco. Any of you shaco players want some advice? Ask away!

Edit: Attempting to set up a stream lets see how the quality holds up ^^.

http://www.twitch.tv/MadKingThorn

The Camel Rider 10-08-2012 02:04 PM

Are there any instances when you did not jungle him? If so, what did you do?

Tekel 10-08-2012 02:04 PM

how do you gank a yorick lane that has been fed 2 irelia kills by 3 minutes in?

RicochetRicochet 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

How do you do anything with that champion? Seriously when I play him I just feed.

What runes do you use? Masteries?
Be specific.
How often do you gank?
Do you even farm your own jungle?
When should you by oracle's?
Why am I asking all of these questions?
Do you think that it's appropriate to rush oracles to camp one specific lane for the first 10 minutes of a game?
Do you think that lategame it is better to focus on teamfighting or split pushing?
Do you think that Shaco can be played as an assassin?
Do you play Shaco as a tanky dps?
Do you buy Guardian Angel regularly?
Do you think Mobility Boots are an ideal purchase?

Dryad Soraka 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

i replied to this thread ama

The Camel Rider 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

Assume all your lanes are failing, which lane do you prioritize ganking?

Do you decide... well, if all three are losing, I should camp one lane only, and hope that they carry?

BlazingSalvo 10-08-2012 02:06 PM

Do you build tanky / utility with items like Aegis and the like, and try to be useful at all stages of the game, or do you just go 21/9 and rush Trinity or Infinity Edge like all the Shacos I see down here in the 1200s.

GoldenPlana 10-08-2012 02:06 PM

blue or red

and why do you play such bad champ

MadKingThorn 10-08-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tekel (Hozzászólás 30026738)
how do you gank a yorick lane that has been fed 2 irelia kills by 3 minutes in?

With red buff + exhaust you can still nail a kill on the yorick with an Irelia on your team. She lands stun you pop out and AA with deceive + red buff. Both of you share the damage taken and exhaust him, problem solved. If you mean a yorick that is SUPER fed and past 6, the best way around it is to get your Mid fed with a kill or two, and have them come 3 man gank top with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicochetRicochet (Hozzászólás 30026778)
How do you do anything with that champion? Seriously when I play him I just feed.

What runes do you use? Masteries?
Be specific.
How often do you gank?
Do you even farm your own jungle?
When should you by oracle's?
Why am I asking all of these questions?
Do you think that it's appropriate to rush oracles to camp one specific lane for the first 10 minutes of a game?
Do you think that lategame it is better to focus on teamfighting or split pushing?
Do you think that Shaco can be played as an assassin?
Do you play Shaco as a tanky dps?
Do you buy Guardian Angel regularly?
Do you think Mobility Boots are an ideal purchase?

I use flat AD reds + quints, armor yellows, flat MR blues. Masteries 21-0-9 taking the 2 left side columns in offense tree. In utility I like improved recall, mana/level, flat mana regenl (3 points) 1 point in the movespeed and then 1 point in your extra neutral buffs.

Mana without blue buff isnt a problem with the base mana regen + the utility tree which is why I like 3 points in that instead of 4 points in the movespeed. The 21 in offense lets you hit real hard early-mid game so that extra damage helps you snowball.

I gank A LOT. Most games I am ganking more than I am actually farming the jungle. But yes I still do farm my jungle (and the enemies as well :P). As for buying oracles, I play super aggressive (I love doing tower diving ganks) so I dont like to buy oracles. I buy a hefty amount of vision wards though.

As for the rest of your questions I will answer together (some of them overlap). Buying an early oracles and bombarding one lane with ganks won't work out as well as you hope it will. The 400g on Shaco is a lot to drop for it to potentially backfire. Once you get your boots of mobility (I believe this is 100% necessary) you open A LOT of room for new gank potential since you move faster and can come from unwarded places. Late game I usually do split pushing + team fighting in conjunction with one another. I never strictly team fight, nor do I only split push. Each game calls for its own circumstances depending how my team is doing. Most of the time I can split push a lane and then join the team fight when it starts maybe 5 seconds later since run time between lanes near a base is short with boots of mobility.

As for shaco being an assassin, he is and he isn't. He really is only very effective against the squishy caster + AD carry. Most of the time Deceive + Sheen/Triforce AA + Two Shiv will drop a carry to 40%~ health. Which means you REQUIRE damage from someone else on your team to completely drop their health.

Ultimately for your tanky DPS / Item questions what I would say is the following:
1) Wriggles Lantern 100% all the time.
2) Mobility boots 100% all the time
3) Next item usually will be Phage or Hex Drinker or Aegis of Legion depending how the game is going
4) Trinity Force + Guardian Angel are next in line, Triforce first normally.

MadKingThorn 10-08-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Camel Rider (Hozzászólás 30026782)
Assume all your lanes are failing, which lane do you prioritize ganking?

Do you decide... well, if all three are losing, I should camp one lane only, and hope that they carry?

If all 3 are failing the enemies are normally pushed (since they are winning and minions advance forward). Therefore, I will try to get my Mobility boots ASAP and gank the lanes that have the most overextended enemies. (Most of the time for all 3 lanes of yours to be losing at the same time as shaco means you aren't doing your job right). You should be exerting pressure on at least 1 lane heavily or 2 lanes regularly. If its a special cirumstance and they are still losing normally I prioritize bot if you score a kill or 2 you can rush dragon once you get Madreds Razor. Constantly keeping dragon under your control is a very good way to help your team overall and shaco excels at doing the dragon solo with a vision ward, wriggles + level 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo (Hozzászólás 30026794)
Do you build tanky / utility with items like Aegis and the like, and try to be useful at all stages of the game, or do you just go 21/9 and rush Trinity or Infinity Edge like all the Shacos I see down here in the 1200s.

21-0-9 tree, and it varies game to game. If I am dominating (which I did at 1200 ELO) I was able to rush Triforce no problem. But towards the higher ELO's normally my build is Wriggles > boots of mobility > Hex Drinker / Phage / Aegis > Other pieces of Trifroce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenPlana (Hozzászólás 30026795)
blue or red

and why do you play such bad champ

I start blue if their enemy jungler is hard to gank or I dont think I can steal their red. I start red if I feel I can invade their jungle and get first blood. And Shaco isn't a bad champ -- Just difficult and seemingly useless when 99% of people play him :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Camel Rider (Hozzászólás 30026733)
Are there any instances when you did not jungle him? If so, what did you do?

Maybe 5 matches came up when I didn't jungle, and I did bot lane support. Those games I tended to lose (the morale of the team at champ select gets shot when I pick support shaco and they usually started negatively). The last ELO bracket I had to support shaco was probably late 1500's, but other than that I've gotten to jungle.