League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot wants to reduce Passivity? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2656458)

Reubenm7 10-07-2012 11:27 PM

Riot wants to reduce Passivity?

If that is the case, then why does the lane phase on bottom look like this in the eyes of a support, wait, wait, wait, watch adc get last hit on more creeps, ward, ward, wait, wait, wait, (9 minutes later), ward, ward, wait, team fight, ward, ward, wait, follow someone for exp, wait, ward, I could literally afk for 2 minutes at a time and only come back to ward

Pattata 10-07-2012 11:29 PM

When I support, it turns into a kill lane. If you're a passive support, then stop being passive, tell your ADC that you're going to be aggressive, and get some kills. As Sona, I Q often, power-chord often, and most of the time damage more than my carry. As Taric, stun and shatter often. Those are my main "supports", but the bottom line is it's only as passive as you let it be.

Evolnemesis 10-07-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reubenm7 (Hozzászólás 30010238)
If that is the case, then why does the lane phase on bottom look like this in the eyes of a support, wait, wait, wait, watch adc get last hit on more creeps, ward, ward, wait, wait, wait, (9 minutes later), ward, ward, wait, team fight, ward, ward, wait, follow someone for exp, wait, ward, I could literally afk for 2 minutes at a time and only come back to ward

Riot already said that, and the 0 cs support in general, was one of the things about the current meta that they hate. Just watch, I bet they will figure out a way to push comps where the support is a lot more aggressive and important for harass and zoning enemies away from the carry, rather than the support being able to be totally passive and the carry being able to do it himself without sacrificing farm (look for big nerfs on the holy trinity)

warriormonkey03 10-07-2012 11:33 PM

I just started playing a support alistar in normals for my friend when he ADC's and he plays a support Taric for me when i ADC. I actually really enjoy support since i'm constantly trying to position myself and maneuver around the opponent so i can headbut them towards a wall or away from their turrets and then follow with a pulverize, exhaust and then usually thats a kill for the ADC.

Xyltin 10-07-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reubenm7 (Hozzászólás 30010238)

Then you do it wrong.

1. Positioning and zoning: It is very important where you stand as the support and cause all champs are moving, you have to reposition every second. Even when you don't fight for real, you fight for space in the lane all the time, what could allow one side to deny CS and XP for the other side.

2. harass and disturbing the enemy: You need to harass the enemy when you can and you get a free chance. Even with Taric i use my stun when i have full mana an see no big risk. Right timing and he may miss 1-2 CS, or your ADC will get some free harass onto him. The enemy should focus onto you and your ADC, reducing their map awareness and pressuring them (stress).

The support has a lot of work to do early and that with not much gold to spend.

0 CS is not as fun for a lot of people. Not as much items and no real kill potential is also not for all people.
But to say it like Xpecial: I like it having a big influence on the game without it being seen. The hidden carry behind the scenes.

What happens when a support is bad?
ADC loses lane (less CS, maybe gets killed sometimes)
way less vision on the map, making it pretty easy for the enemy to win the game
a bad support is not really useful in fights

Dan Klein 10-07-2012 11:44 PM

Not when I'm playing support. We fight, no matter what.

FistOf7Dragons 10-07-2012 11:49 PM

maybe they shouldn't nerf aggressive supports like janna..........

Egotistica 10-07-2012 11:51 PM

Riot wants to reduce passive play...by punishing aggression, good luck.

Icenix 10-07-2012 11:53 PM

make an item where if you get kills/assists you get a ward gg

Xyltin 10-07-2012 11:54 PM

The game is 5 times more aggressive than at the beginning of S2.
Top lane is a pure aggressive lane. No more ignoring of the enemy and farming next to each other without fighting.
Bot lane was farming and zoning. Now it is a lot about harass and chances to deny the enemy some gold.
Junglers gank a lot. The problem is only that the amount of wards went up, what reduces the chance of a successful gank.