League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Udyr - when to use which stance? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2653042)

Engrish 10-07-2012 01:39 AM

Udyr - when to use which stance?

I want to know how to time Udyr's stances and when to use them. I'm going Phoenix Udyr.

Suppose I'm ganking bottom from river bush at the enemy who's near full HP. Obviously I bear stance to stun and switch to phoenix. Should I immediately switch to Turtle (when the CD comes off) to tank some damage or stay in Phoenix for 5 seconds for the extra splash dmg?

What's the general order for ganking?
Bear - Phoenix - Turtle - Bear - Phoenix - (repeat)?

Then in late game Udyr becomes more of a meat shield for my AD and AP carries. When I run in what should be my skill order? I usually just run in, stun, activate Randiuns, die 5 seconds later... I heard Turtle stance is really strong but I don't know the right time to use it.

Magus Crow 10-07-2012 05:13 AM

I find that going to tiger after bear can significantly increase your damage through both the AS boost as well as the proc on it. I'm not sure going into either turtle or phoenix is really necessary unless you need further burst (from phoenix) or find yourself getting counter initiated / ganked and need to tank some damage (turtle).

To me turtle is really used to sustain yourself when you get low in the jungle on either HP or Mana while providing the temporary shield to run arround with low HP in your jungle so long as you dont have an invade comming in. It'll slow your speed quite a bit to use it but it will keep you actually in the jungle instead of going back to heal.

Nipple Yanker 10-07-2012 07:01 AM

Don't use turtle during ganks unless you are having to tank turret during a dive. Basically you want to save using bear stance for when the enemy realizes you are ganking, that way you can follow up on his flash or escape move more easily. After bear, always go Phoenix. Tiger would do more damage, but you shouldn't really get Tiger on phoenix Udyr. If you've already got level 3 phoenix, it'll do more damage than wasting a skill point in level 1 tiger, so don't do it.

If using Tiger for more gank damage is really that appealing to you, go tiger jungle. It's not as bad as most people think, but it is wasting Udyr's ridiculous clear time potential.

CrusaderAntonius 10-07-2012 08:32 AM

You can still get the Tiger proc for the damage while initiating with Bear and switching to Phoenix. Activate Tiger in the bush, wait for your CDs, then run out in Tiger. When they see you and start to run, switch to Bear for the +MS and stun. The bonus damage proc on Tiger lasts as long as the AS boost, which means that if you still have the AS boost from Tiger when you run in with Bear and stun, that one AA will still apply the Tiger DoT. Then you can swap to Phoenix and start slapping them.

Engrish 10-07-2012 08:48 AM

^ Ah. So if I gank with Tiger -> Bear stun -> Phoenix I can hit the enemy with both Tiger and Phoenix at the same time? That sounds so OP to be able to stack stances.

stĂ r 10-07-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingp1ng (Hozzászólás 29976935)
I want to know how to time Udyr's stances and when to use them. I'm going Phoenix Udyr.

Suppose I'm ganking bottom from river bush at the enemy who's near full HP. Obviously I bear stance to stun and switch to phoenix. Should I immediately switch to Turtle (when the CD comes off) to tank some damage or stay in Phoenix for 5 seconds for the extra splash dmg?

What's the general order for ganking?
Bear - Phoenix - Turtle - Bear - Phoenix - (repeat)?

Then in late game Udyr becomes more of a meat shield for my AD and AP carries. When I run in what should be my skill order? I usually just run in, stun, activate Randiuns, die 5 seconds later... I heard Turtle stance is really strong but I don't know the right time to use it.

Udyr is my favourite or at was and he was also the first champion I bought.

I'm assuming you are playing phoenix jungle udyr.

You want to stay in phoenix if you are just gonna do damage to them and you are already on them but you can turtle>bear>phoenix to have all stacks on passive by the time you are on them and to also have a shield for first few secs.

Late game you should peel carrys unless you see an ap or adc out of position and in your reach, try and get 3 hits in before switching stances, remember that bear has 2 cds the 5 sec one on the stun and the one for ms try and be able to count the 5 seconds in your head.

Udyr is really strong early and mid game abuse that power

and you can "load" tiger stance because the dot is still up a for few seconds after you switch stance, you can see buff on you...with enough cdr you can load tiger twice.