||10-06-2012 10:28 PM
What I learned from World's so far
1) I'm playing Jungle entirely wrong. I need to ignore farming and gank + ward a lot more. My goal is not keep up with the solo lanes or the ADC in exp, but instead control the map with vision. To do this, I generally want to play with tank junglers (maokai, skarner) and go Philo + HoG + boots --> Aegis/Shurelya's. Of course, you can also play manaless AD junglers like Mundo, Shyv and Lee Sin and use your fast clearing and mobility to do the same thing, but basically, I'm going to farm less as a jungler and buy more support stuff.
2) Dragon and Baron are way riskier than I thought they were. Just by keeping the lanes pushed and having enough vision, you can really punish teams for going dragon/baron. If you take a tower for dragon, that's pretty good. If you take two towers for dragon, that's great. The inhibitor + inhibitor tower trade for baron that TSM made against Azubu Frost was awful. Only get dragon if you absolutely get it for free. Don't ignore enemy pushes for baron.
3) In mid or top, ward and go BALLS DEEP. I used to play a really passive mid/top CS lane, and CS is very important, but **** that, instead of constantly freezing lane and looking to zone, just push and GO HARD at them, and farm wolves/wraiths/minigolems when you can.
4) Sona best support. Maokai/Skarner best jangle.
5) Athene's Unholy Grail is way better than I thought. All of the top AP mids in Asia were getting chalice/Athene's on everyone but Vlad.