League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hecarim needs a buff? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2652411)

ShadowOPS9mm 10-06-2012 08:47 PM

Hecarim needs a buff?

Hey all i've been attempting to play hecarim and and i understand how he works but i can't find any way to build him at all. AS, armor, attack dmg, movement speed... I've tried all and nothing :/ anyone else think he's a little too hard or something?

dirtysanchez1 10-07-2012 04:28 AM

Just build him like an Irelia.

Mortamor 10-07-2012 06:16 AM

Honestly, he has incredible synergy with Shureliya's, FoN, and Triforce. You can build him as an off-tank with utility rather easily.

Cerebralbore101 10-07-2012 11:00 PM

Give him 1/21/8 masteries. Take improved exhaust, and smite. Focus on getting mastereis that give him movespeed. Get movespeed quints, flat AD marks, and armor for the rest of the runes. Start with boots, and three hp pots. After that item purchase order goes vamp scepter, level 3 boots, sheen, mini-dancer, phage, triforce, pickaxe, cutlass, gunblade, pickaxe, wand, rageblade, FON, Sunfire cape.

Hec makes nice use of items that give him both AP and AD, and movespeed. This is why we build trinity first. Gunblade has a nice active, and builds you more AP/AD goodness. So does Rageblade. You don't need to be THAT tanky as Hec since you can ult over walls, or just use your OP movespeed to GTFO of dodge, or just use your OP W to heal like a baws.

Goaticus Maximus 10-08-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowOPS9mm (Hozzászólás 29969976)
Hey all i've been attempting to play hecarim and and i understand how he works but i can't find any way to build him at all. AS, armor, attack dmg, movement speed... I've tried all and nothing :/ anyone else think he's a little too hard or something?

After the jungle nerfs, you're not going to be this fed bruiser running around mashing people. Hecarim is there because his control fills a gap in your team fights, or because you need someone who can split push. If you're upset because in soloqueue you can't dunk on people with him, then I would say it's because that's not the way it's designed.

On the other hand, if you build him like a tanky support he is amazzzzzinngngnng in team fights. I absolutely LOVE this guy for his ability to catch adc's and feed them to your team similar to skarner, just requires a bit more skill obviously. As for the build I'd go very standard boots + 3pts ( works great for him because of the ad passive ) using AS marks / Armor seals / MR/level Glyphs / MS quints. Then I'd get Philo > HoG > Mobility boots for making extra use of your e positioning, very similar to alistar, and then get aegis followed by zekes, upgrade your gp10's and whalla you are a team fighting boss everyone wants to hang out with.

Hecarim can invade extremely well, use that to your advantage and pick on slower clearing junglers etc.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

LynustheSped 10-12-2012 01:48 PM

I play the heccers a'lot and I've found this build works well.
All tank runes. Doran's shield, defensive boots, sunfire, triforce, Maw of Malmortius (for the sweet passive and MR), then your set. Get what you think you need. I love heccers because he's whatever you want him to be. AD, tank, even ap.

Vrakus 10-12-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaticus Maximus (Hozzászólás 30011954)
After the jungle nerfs, you're not going to be this fed bruiser running around mashing people. Hecarim is there because his control fills a gap in your team fights, or because you need someone who can split push. If you're upset because in soloqueue you can't dunk on people with him, then I would say it's because that's not the way it's designed.

On the other hand, if you build him like a tanky support he is amazzzzzinngngnng in team fights. I absolutely LOVE this guy for his ability to catch adc's and feed them to your team similar to skarner, just requires a bit more skill obviously. As for the build I'd go very standard boots + 3pts ( works great for him because of the ad passive ) using AS marks / Armor seals / MR/level Glyphs / MS quints. Then I'd get Philo > HoG > Mobility boots for making extra use of your e positioning, very similar to alistar, and then get aegis followed by zekes, upgrade your gp10's and whalla you are a team fighting boss everyone wants to hang out with.

Hecarim can invade extremely well, use that to your advantage and pick on slower clearing junglers etc.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

I'm curious why you go AS marks. Hec doesn't really have any AS synergy in his kit. Is your intent just to try to get more Phage procs?

I go fairly tanky with Heca to enhance his team fight presence. Boots/3 > Philo > HoG > Trinity/Randuin/FoN based on need/available gold. GA if I've ended up in carry mode. I almost always get Mercs, unless the enemy has next to no CC. I understand why you'd pick mobility for map control, but Heca is already very fast.

I tend to end the game, assuming 35+min, with Trinity, and 2 big tanky items (Randuin, FoN, FrzHeart, etc). The rest goes to wards, Aegis, etc.. I don't usually get Shurelya's, unless the support just refuses to. I just sit on the philo until I need the item slot for some reason. Yes, the MS buff works with his passive, but assuming ~451 MS (MS Quints + TF + boots 2), you will get 451 x .40 x.25 = 45AD for 3 seconds. Yes, it's a 'free' BF sword, but I'd rather get a Frozen heart, if I wanted CDR/tankiness or a Ghostblade for CDR/damage/speed. Now, those are both more expensive, but also better for the item slot cost, imo.