League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   AP gangplank? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2651025)

Zemrov 10-06-2012 05:46 PM

AP gangplank?

Just wondering but what is your opinion on an AP gangplank bot?
It seems like would have good harass with the lich bane and give a good advantage top lane by using your ult.

Panwar 10-06-2012 06:18 PM

Any other bot would just push the minions at him which he would be abysmal at clearing. And as you are waiting for that AP and LB to get some good harrass Jax/Diana/Jayce/whomever has killed you 20 times.

urmamasllama 10-06-2012 06:45 PM

no.

Phourc 10-06-2012 08:25 PM

I can't condone Parrley-only builds on GP, yeah it's a good harass of his but he gets a good bit of autoattack steriods just for being gangplank.

Eyemite 10-07-2012 12:18 AM

Crit plank...the end. Never saw a gangplank do much of anything without crit and I have never lost to another gangplank in dominion that built anything else. The second I see that trinity force being built is the moment I know its free kills evertime I see him. Plus they can have jayce, rengar, and khazix all day they are still going down.

Warrrrax 10-08-2012 09:19 AM

Wow, there are a lot of dicks in this forum. Downvoting someone for asking a question?

Anyways, AP GP actually was a thing for a short time period. This was when his Parrley was magical damage or something like that and GP was all about the Ult and Parrley. I forgot the specifics, but it was before he was reworked to be a decent Tanky DPS.

The theory was that AP could boost his Parrley in a RELIABLE manner thru lichbane, plus the AP would make his Ult way more powerful. It would also give him an extremely powerful Self-Heal.

So it seems to be a reasonable strategy.

However, the problem is the lichbane. Until you get it, you are WORTHLESS. I mean, sheen helps, but otherwise you are just a fragile champ with 1 modest nuke.
You get Lichbane which is NOT a very efficient item by the way. 2700ish gold of stats for 3400ish gold (and some of the stats are **** like mana).

So now you have to get tons of AP to make the lichbane worthwhile. A quick lichbane actually DECREAES your damage, relative to sheen! So its off to get Deathcap.

You finally get Deathcap and Lichbane and add 300 damage to every Parrley, plus better self-heal/ult.

But guess what? You are very fragile still and get focused and killed in 1 second...so the self-heal isnt that good. You have 1 600ish damage 'nuke' on a 4 sec cooldown and that is pretty much your entire contribution. Its also almost game over and you've got 2 really expensive items. With more time you could get tankier with Rod of Ages, get some CDR with Athenes, grow your AP by lots. But you don't have time.
Also, you don't have a multiplier which is what crit does. With an Inf Edge you can get 250% damage on a hit which is way better than the lichbane can provide, even on average during the lategame.

So unfortunately this approach really does suck bad, despite looking promising on paper.

FOODFOOD 10-08-2012 11:38 AM

I've gotten it to work in a Top Lane Farmfest on SR, but I just don't think it would work to well in a fast-paced- mode like Dominion. To do any damage, you'd have to wait til about 15-20 minutes in, and that just doesn't cut it.

+1 for a fun idea, and because there are meanies on this forum sometimes.

Zemrov 10-08-2012 12:28 PM

Ok thanks Warrrrax, i wasnt to sure about the idea but i had seen it on SR and was just curious to whether or not it would work on Dominion.

Wolfalisk 10-08-2012 01:56 PM

It's fun on bots or customs for messing around, AP Gangplank heals his entire bar on 1 W and Cannon Barrage can get pretty lulsy.

Mogs01gt 10-08-2012 04:01 PM

Critplank is the only way to play him in DOM.