League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When counter jungling (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647647)

Menea6587 10-06-2012 04:29 AM

When counter jungling

1) How do I do it efficiently so that I don't get behind?
2) If I do get behind, should I immediately stop counter jungling and do the normal jungle and ganking?

Menea6587 10-06-2012 05:11 AM

bump

Phenòm 10-06-2012 05:17 AM

You shouldn't be falling behind if you're counter-jungling.

Step 1: Figure out where the enemy jungler is going to be(be at least 95% sure where they are).

Junglers like Amumu, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Nautilus, Alistar... almost always start at blue. This means you can take their entire red side jungle, leaving a small wraith and the small golem alive. This sticks them at level 2 for about 90 seconds, unless they can successfully gank. This means you have 90 seconds to go farm your own jungle, and counter whatever gank the enemy is going to try.

Step 2: If you see the enemy jungler in a lane, immediately drop your jungle and go steal the opposite side of his.

If he's at bottom, go take his top side jungle. If he's at top, go take his bottom side jungle. Be careful of wards from mid when entering their jungle. You might get caught out if they're that smart.

That's all there is to it. I don't know why you would think you fall behind when you counter jungle. You're effectively stealing experience and gold from the enemy. If you do it properly, it's practically risk free.

mojozhu 10-06-2012 05:35 AM

You should make sure the other jungler is more behind than you.

Diomedea 10-06-2012 05:44 AM

How do you manage to fall behind while counterjungling?

It's easy: enemy jungler ganking top? Clear his bottom jungle. He's bot? Clear top. He's mid farming a creep wave on his turret? Go clear wraiths or take a buff if it's up. You have wards on his jungle and know where he is? Clear the camps on the opposite side.

When none of the above happen, farm your own jungle. With practice, you'll be able to know your limits and can go for riskier invades.

requium 10-06-2012 06:02 AM

I'm no super jungling expert, but your ability to counter jungle much depends on your champ, for example I wouldn't counter jungle with Rammus because he cant duel 1 on 1 with most junglers and his clear times are slow, I would counter jungle with Udyr, Shyvana and Skarner however.

Say I'm playing as Shyvana for example and I'm jungling against an Amumu, what I'll do most of the time, is start Wraiths --> Smite Red --> Wolves --> Blue and then cross the jungle to Amumus Red, now Amumu has much slower clear times than Shyvana, so chances are he will still be at wraiths. At this point I'm level 3 as Shyvana and Amumu is level 2. He will rock up at Red and start it, as you're level 3 your smite does more damage then his allowing you to steal his buff by watching how much health is has and smiting it as soon as it will kill it. At this point Amumu will have fairly low health and should be a quick kill.

This will actually put you ahead as it may be first blood, more importantly it will take away amumus buffs and making his jungling slower and his ganks worse. Remember when invading that the enemy team may collapse on you after you and hopefully your team will follow them into the jungle and back you up, if not flash may be required to escape.

You need to know when you can invade and when you can't. After jungling for a while you'll understand clear times and your duelling capacity. Udyr is probably one of my favorite invaders because his clear times are very quick, sometimes I can manage to do Wolves, Blue, Wraiths and Red without even using one of my 3 Health potions, this leaves me very healthy to invade on a Rammus, Amumu, Malphite or Shen and a few other slow junglers.

Anyway I've only been jungling as a main for 3 months so perhaps there is others that can help you more. Good luck!

Twilíght 10-06-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenòm (Hozzászólás 29938647)
You shouldn't be falling behind if you're counter-jungling.

Step 1: Figure out where the enemy jungler is going to be(be at least 95% sure where they are).

Junglers like Amumu, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Nautilus, Alistar... almost always start at blue. This means you can take their entire red side jungle, leaving a small wraith and the small golem alive. This sticks them at level 2 for about 90 seconds, unless they can successfully gank. This means you have 90 seconds to go farm your own jungle, and counter whatever gank the enemy is going to try.

Step 2: If you see the enemy jungler in a lane, immediately drop your jungle and go steal the opposite side of his.

If he's at bottom, go take his top side jungle. If he's at top, go take his bottom side jungle. Be careful of wards from mid when entering their jungle. You might get caught out if they're that smart.

That's all there is to it. I don't know why you would think you fall behind when you counter jungle. You're effectively stealing experience and gold from the enemy. If you do it properly, it's practically risk free.

Wow, someone with a brain posted before I did. What this guy said is correct.

Tharama 10-06-2012 06:06 AM

Watch the map. If you see their jungler top, take their bottom jungle. If their jungler goes bot, take their top jungle. Even if you just take one camp, it can set them behind after a failed gank while you retreat back to your jungle triumphantly farming your non-stolen camps.

Remember to leave one of the lowest value monsters alive so they have to come reset it themselves too.

ShoopuS 10-06-2012 06:13 AM

1. Know your enemy

If it's Amumu, and you're Udyr, start blue and massacre his entire red side. If it's Alistar and you're Skarner, start in the same side of the map he does and countergank at level 2 (from experience most Alistars will level 2 gank after blue and won't give 2 ****s about their red being taken)

2. Blue will typically spawn at 7:10-7:20 if the enemy started there, same for red if they started there

3. Some junglers are very hard to fight, e.g Lee, Skarner, Trundle

4. If the enemy laner disappears when you enter the enemy jungle 90% of the time it means a ward spotted you, back off and remember that area to counterward

5. Counterjungling hardcore buff-independent gankers won't do **** if all they're doing is ganking, better to countergank (Alistar, Nautilus, Twitch)